roll call ,member count?????

So DW and I discuss what where we want to cruise next summer. I speak with our TA and we agree on a cruise that meets our criterion best. He puts a hold on it for me as DW and I still have to agree to it.

I find the roll call to see how busy it is, and it says 1 member, but when I read it, it is several pages with  (I didn't count), but maybe a half dozen or more participants. So what's with the member count of 1? This does not seem to be something that should be so hard for them to program correctly.

Howdy! emo22.gif

The "Find your Roll Call" tool" and "quick and easy  Roll Call Finder tool" mentioned in How To: Create A New Roll Call and What is a Roll Call? Everything you Need to Know has been OUT OF ORDER for a very long time. See CC Help Jenn's  Roll Call Tool - Under Construction in the Announcements.

Please note NO NEW Roll Call information is being added into the BROKEN cruiselineStar20121001.png Find Your Roll Call search tool as well as all the other ship Roll Call Finder tools with the cruiselineStar20121001.png. They were "fixed" back in May for a very short time. But alas, they "broke" again. ☹️ The broken search tool no longer gives members a way to easily search for and then be redirected to their Roll Call thread as well as other information. Hopefully all Roll Call threads for all ships and all cruise lines in all their Roll Call forums will be correctly added back into the search tool with the correct information and redirects AFTER the search tool is repaired, IF IT EVER IS.

In the meantime, any members looking for their Roll Call thread for the first time should NOT use the BROKEN search tool. As CC Help Jenn mentions in her Announcement, members need to browse their ship's Roll Call forum pages carefully looking for a thread with their sail date in the title. If they do not find one, they need to start one. Yes, this is back to the way it was done way back before there was a Roll Call search tool. I truly wish 🤞 there was more "signage" out there explaining this situation.

Kat 🐱

7 hours ago, TxCityKat said:

Howdy! emo22.gif

The "Find your Roll Call" tool" and "quick and easy  Roll Call Finder tool" mentioned in How To: Create A New Roll Call and What is a Roll Call? Everything you Need to Know has been OUT OF ORDER for a very long time. See CC Help Jenn's  Roll Call Tool - Under Construction in the Announcements.

Please note NO NEW Roll Call information is being added into the BROKEN cruiselineStar20121001.png Find Your Roll Call search tool as well as all the other ship Roll Call Finder tools with the cruiselineStar20121001.png. They were "fixed" back in May for a very short time. But alas, they "broke" again. ☹️ The broken search tool no longer gives members a way to easily search for and then be redirected to their Roll Call thread as well as other information. Hopefully all Roll Call threads for all ships and all cruise lines in all their Roll Call forums will be correctly added back into the search tool with the correct information and redirects AFTER the search tool is repaired, IF IT EVER IS.

In the meantime, any members looking for their Roll Call thread for the first time should NOT use the BROKEN search tool. As CC Help Jenn mentions in her Announcement, members need to browse their ship's Roll Call forum pages carefully looking for a thread with their sail date in the title. If they do not find one, they need to start one. Yes, this is back to the way it was done way back before there was a Roll Call search tool. I truly wish 🤞 there was more "signage" out there explaining this situation.

Kat 🐱

I guess I should be glad that I was even able to find the roll call.

I went to the cruise line and then the ship. There was 1,2,3 and where you could get the last. I looked at 1, and decided to go to 3. It was still not up to the date I wanted (just short of it). That's when I realized there was a last, and clicked on that, and was past it. But, from there I saw I was on 5, and there was obviously a 4 where I found the roll call.

4 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

It’s really not difficult to find a Roll Call. Just go to the Roll Call forum for your ship and scroll.  That’s how it’s worked for years. 

and it should not be difficult to find the number of posters on the roll call. But, it says 1 member while there are several.

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

and it should not be difficult to find the number of posters on the roll call. But, it says 1 member while there are several.

That's because the "Find your Roll Call" link is broken.  It doesn't work, and it's not being updated.  I wish they would remove it, as it just causes confusion for many new members.

If there were not a "Find Your Roll Call" option, there is no way to know for sure how many are participating in a Roll Call, short of counting them yourself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

... I wish they would remove it, as it just causes confusion for many new members...

It has been asked:

And not just new members are confused. Lots of long time members too!

And now Jenn's Roll Call Tool - Under Construction that was in Announcements is no longer there as I type this. ☹️ Now Roll Call Tool - Under Construction only appears as a pinned thread on the first page of this forum.

Kat 🐱

Edited by TxCityKat
typo & additional info