Linking Reservations for Parents and Kids

mandmmom

15 hours ago, caribill said:

Starting a year or so ago when you book excursions it asks which person(s) in the cabin they are for. And the tickets delivered to your cabin will each have the name of each person it was booked for.

Of course nobody every looked at the names on these tickets when you hand them in for the excursion.

Interesting!  I guess I haven't been on a ship sponsored excursion in the last year.  But, yes ... I've never seen anyone look at them when boarding the boat or bus (or whatever they pick you up in). 

18 hours ago, mandmmom said:

Thank you everyone! The TA says that they are linked as far as the dinner thing goes, but for the excursions, I will have to go into each booking and do them as 2 different ones.

Yes this has been our experience as well - we do the same with kids across the hall. 

The Princess website only allows as many excursion tickets as is on the reservation. So I go into both bookings for excursions.   No big deal as I do the kids' registrations and prepayments anyways.  

Note that you cannot have two booking numbers open on your screen - in different tabs or different windows.   I've tried.   You have to log out and log in to the other one.    Maybe two computers side by side would work though (laptop and desktop for example). 

23 hours ago, mosenga said:

I suspect that the issue is that each party to the linked reservations needs to give permission for the linking. In this case, your 19 yo daughter is probably considered an adult by Princess and would need to give her permission to link the reservations. It should be a formality, but might be what is necessary in your case.

Not necessary.

20 hours ago, mandmmom said:

Thank you everyone! The TA says that they are linked as far as the dinner thing goes, but for the excursions, I will have to go into each booking and do them as 2 different ones.

Pre-booked excursions have to be paid when booked. If you wish to combine OBC to pre-book excursions you must call Princess and do this over the phone.

From what I read on Princess web site, they must be linked because they are too young to travel on their own.  The PAX contract states this..  Make sure they are linked before you cruise.

No Guest under 21 years of age is permitted to book a cruise, and any Guest under 21 years of age must travel in a stateroom with a Guest 21 years or older who shall assume responsibility for their care during the cruise. For family groups booking multiple staterooms, the minimum age for at least one person in each stateroom is 16 years of age, provided they are traveling with a parent or legal guardian. 

According to the above unless they are linked to the parents booking they will not be boarding.  This (I think) could be straighten out out the pier, but why wait till then.  Call the TA and get it fix .