MTD reservations

HMY624

We have MTD but are on the waitlist for early dining. Cruise planner has all of the specialty restaurants open for reservations but I can’t see any way to book our MTD reservations. Am I missing something? Does the main dining room show up for reservations or is it listed under some other name?  Or is there a way to check online whether we were moved to early dining? TIA

6 minutes ago, HMY624 said:

When they do open how is it listed? Under dining I assume- does it specifically say MTD? 

It will be listed in your Cruise Planner and yes, it will be under dining and it will say My Time Dining.  When booking, you need to book it every night, even if you want the same time each night.  It will then show up on your daily calendar.  On the calendar, it will not have ur specific time, however if you go under orders placed, it will list the specific time that you picked. 

Edited by SuiteLady
clarification

Even though it is listed as a cost of $0.00, and you put it in your cart, don’t forget to check out.  

Some have left it in their cart without checking out, only to find later that their time was no longer available 

51 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Even though it is listed as a cost of $0.00, and you put it in your cart, don’t forget to check out.  

Some have left it in their cart without checking out, only to find later that their time was no longer available 

Thanks for that piece of information. I kept seeing it, but I didn't realize I needed to "purchase" it to select a specific time.

MTD does provide the flexibility to schedule dinner at different times on different nights.  This is good if your ship is leaving port at a later time and you want to stay off ship a little longer.  Another suggestion would be to book your MTD as soon as possible.  If you wait too long your preferred time may not be available.

I will be on my first Royal cruise in January on Harmony of the Seas. We have MTD. I have done this on other cruise lines before and you just show up at the assigned MTD dining room and are seated (sometimes with a short wait), no reservations needed or even available to my knowledge. What happens if I do this on Harmony? Do I have to make a reservation? TIA

You do not have to make reservations.  However, if you show up at the most popular dining times, there will probably be a wait to be seated.  On Explorer last year we did make reservations for each night and were seated immediately ahead of the people that just walked up and were waiting.  We booked a 5:30 dining time for every night.