Fall 2021 Schedules

TRIPACIAN

13 hours ago, TRIPACIAN said:

Does anyone have any information on when Seabourn will be releasing the schedules for fall 2021 and beyond?  We have already booked a 2022 cruise on another cruise line but would like to book on Seabourn for a fall cruise in 2021.

They only just released spring 2021 3 weeks ago... 

3 minutes ago, dalliowner said:

would our usa friends be so keen to book 2year plus in advance if it cost them if they cancelled  before  90 days  ?????

Absolutely, we have 237 days booked in 2020, 21 and 22, all of these have a cancellation penalty!

On 9/22/2019 at 9:18 AM, TRIPACIAN said:

Absolutely, we have 237 days booked in 2020, 21 and 22, all of these have a cancellation penalty!

That’s a lot of days. We can barely get 60 days a year in. I’ve only been sailing on SB since 2012 but to the best of my knowledge they have always had a 90 day cancellation policy.  

14 minutes ago, brittany12 said:

Extremely slow in their laying out the rest of their 2021 regular schedule. Except the Ventures complete.  Lovely to get a bit of 2022 too. Competitors way ahead of them. Hard to  understand.

I suspect that they are trying to develop interest in the new “explorer” class ship and by getting those itineraries out first.  For those of us more interested in the other ships this appears to be a poor decision.  Crystal an other competitors have their 2021 and 2022 schedules already posted and we have booked cruises for 2021 an 22 as a result.

We would really like to book a fall 2021 cruise on Seabourn so we will wait and see before committing those dates.  I know that everyone doesn’t book as far out as we do so it probably isn’t a serious problem, but more of a curiosity on my part as to what is going on with Seabourn.

On 9/26/2019 at 9:12 PM, TRIPACIAN said:

I know that everyone doesn’t book as far out as we do so it probably isn’t a serious problem, but more of a curiosity on my part as to what is going on with Seabourn.

This has been a complaint about Seabourn I think as long as I've been reading these forums; that they are always the last to put their schedules out. I think that indeed many/most people do not (cannot?) book 2-3 years out and Seabourn retains flexibility by waiting until about 18 months out before committing to theirs. There's another thread from a few weeks ago complaining, quite fairly I think, about Seabourn having radically changed a load of itineraries people have already signed up for, and I don't mean Cuba, these voyages were next year's med if I remember correctly. 

So my thought about "what's going on with Seabourn" is that they've decided, hopefully with evidence, that what they lose from the passengers who book 2-3 years out is more than gained back in schedule flexibility and concentration on selling a more limited book of cruises and not having to make too many post-booking changes to itineraries which costs them. Or, put the other way, if they saw there was overall more revenue from putting out cruise schedules further ahead, they'd do it. 

I do have to point out however that, despite releasing schedules later than everyone else, you can almost predict to the day where the ships are going to be every year and there's remarkably little variety shown which makes even us (who always book about 2 months before departure) wonder why they bother.