Onboard Charge Account

MEOWSMURPHY

We are traveling with our grown daughter and her friend. I am doing the "paperwork" online. Can I put their onboard charge account as cash and let them each change it to their individual credit cards as the pier? Will this be a hassle for them or should I just get their individual credit card information now?  Thanks..

56 minutes ago, JaxsMama said:

They could also create their own accts on carnival and then add the booking number. Then they can handle all their own cc info.

It would also set them up for future sailings with VIFP numbers. This would definitely be my recommendation.

2 hours ago, Sean_B said:

It would also set them up for future sailings with VIFP numbers. This would definitely be my recommendation.

IF you do not have a vifp number in the past or you forgot to put in your cruise documents, carnival system will auto generate you a brand new VIFP number

3 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

How much do they require you to set aside in cash for charges if you go that route?

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1138

Sail & Sign Account Opened with a Credit Card or Debit Card
The guest's credit card or debit card will be swiped at embarkation with an initial hold placed on file as a deposit; if the card is activated online, the initial hold will be placed on file on the day of embarkation:

2 - 6 day cruise: $100 USD for each stateroom charged using the same credit card or debit card
    7 days or longer: $200 USD for each stateroom charged using the same credit card or debit card

Sail & Sign Account Opened with Cash or Traveler's Checks
Guests must deposit cash (USD currency only) or Traveler's Checks (USD currency only) at Guest Services on the first day of the cruise. The following minimum cash deposits are recommended:

2 - 4 day cruise: $100 USD per person
    5 - 8 day cruise: $200 USD per person
    9 days or longer: $350 USD per person