ENCORE- Booking Show & Dinner Reservations

Sand and Seas

For those of you sailing Encore from Miami in December & January, please help the rest of us who will soon be able to book our shows & dinners. 

What nights and times did you see Kinky Boots available to book?

What nights and times did you see Choir of Man available to book?

And a question we may not know until those first ones cruise-   Will Onda be a replacement for La Cucina as a Platinum dinner choice?

13 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

For those of you sailing Encore from Miami in December & January, please help the rest of us who will soon be able to book our shows & dinners. 

And a question we may not know until those first ones cruise-   Will Onda be a replacement for La Cucina as a Platinum dinner choice?

We are going in Jan and hit the 120 day window. I had all kinds of trouble booking with the app so I had my TA call and do it for me. TA booked both shows on Day 2 and 6. Also booked three specialty restaurants. 

No sure on Onda question. We weren’t interested in Italian. 

We are on the NYE cruise and at 120 days out the button to book the shows and restaurants became active online. The problem was that when you picked a day and time for something it would not actually go in your cart.  I called NCL that day and they booked both shows and 7 nights of specialty dining for me and sent me the confirming emails. I posted this on our roll call and someone on the preceding cruise asked me about it and she was then able to complete her reservations too, by calling. Call NCL and ask them for the schedule and to book your times over the phone.  About Onda, I have it booked for a night but no other info. 

Mary Ann

Thanks for letting us know!  I hope they get the online reservations going, but it's good to know you could call and get these booked.    Are they offering two shows each night?

With Tuesday (Day 3) being in San Juan for the evening I would guess they wouldn't have a show scheduled that night.  That matches with what you have reported here.   It might end up being a good night to get a restaurant reservation if you aren't doing something in SJ that evening.   

4 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

wrt other post on this thread. While MyNCL says "book on board", reservations are available on or shortly after Day 120 by calling NCL (i.e., don't rely on the online bookings for these initial cruises). 

We are booked for Choir of Man on Monday at 7:30 (alternate time 10:00). Originally, there were performance Monday and Wednesday (Tuesday being the late call in San Juan). An agent told me that there is now also a 10:00 show on Tuesday. I would be surprised if the cast signed up for extra shows. 

Kinky Boots has 7:30 and 10:30 shows on Friday and Saturday. 

Sand and Seas, I will not say that this is the "normal" show schedule. We'll see what the schedule actually is on embarkation day and fix anything that is incorrect. Our reservations still say "La Cucina" on them 🙂. We plan to have a live post going, so we'll let everyone know what we see once we get onboard (e.g., Platinum dinners). 

19 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

wrt other post on this thread. While MyNCL says "book on board", reservations are available on or shortly after Day 120 by calling NCL (i.e., don't rely on the online bookings for these initial cruises). 

We are booked for Choir of Man on Monday at 7:30 (alternate time 10:00). Originally, there were performance Monday and Wednesday (Tuesday being the late call in San Juan). An agent told me that there is now also a 10:00 show on Tuesday. I would be surprised if the cast signed up for extra shows. 

Kinky Boots has 7:30 and 10:30 shows on Friday and Saturday. 

Sand and Seas, I will not say that this is the "normal" show schedule. We'll see what the schedule actually is on embarkation day and fix anything that is incorrect. Our reservations still say "La Cucina" on them 🙂. We plan to have a live post going, so we'll let everyone know what we see once we get onboard (e.g., Platinum dinners). 

Thanks for these details!   

I like to have a basic outline planned before scheduling, especially if we need to reserve by phone.  With 3 SDP and 2 Plat dinners to schedule it makes it a puzzle to leave the space for the show scheduling too.   

So happy to hear you will be doing another live post!   One of the mysteries so far is what the Onda menu will look like and if its eligible for Platinum meals.   Those of us who like to plan ahead always find answers in your posts☺️

We’ll let you know what we find. Yeah,,, our dinner and show plans are messed up. They have been trickling dates and show times and we guessed wrong. And have no plans, yet, for the late port call to San Juan.

43 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Thanks for these details!   

I like to have a basic outline planned before scheduling, especially if we need to reserve by phone.  With 3 SDP and 2 Plat dinners to schedule it makes it a puzzle to leave the space for the show scheduling too.   

So happy to hear you will be doing another live post!   One of the mysteries so far is what the Onda menu will look like and if its eligible for Platinum meals.   Those of us who like to plan ahead always find answers in your posts☺️

25 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We’ll let you know what we find. Yeah,,, our dinner and show plans are messed up. They have been trickling dates and show times and we guessed wrong. And have no plans, yet, for the late port call to San Juan.

Yes, that late San Juan docking is hard to plan for.   Sun will probably set not long after we dock.   May just walk around for a little and then have a nice dinner on board.