Club orange offer for 4star mariner

chloes nana

We received the same offer for our Oct 3-16 day and are 4*'s as well. We took an excellent last minute upsell from a veranda to a signature that we were able to pick. There was nothing included in the $30.00 per day CO offer today for both of us that we didn't already have included. The MDR is something we rarely utilize so priority open seating is not something we would use. Just out of curiosity I did call because the offer also included a "free cabin upgrade". Fairly certain I already knew the answer but the offered "free upgrade" with CO would be in the same category but a "better cabin" in case anyone is interested in what the upgrade means.  So no, not one added value for us. Having said that, if this was on the Koningsdam with a separate kitchen for breakfast and dinner would do it again in a heart beat!           

You are on our cruise! As far as an up sell, we have a wonderful aft cabin on the Rotterdam deck so a suite might be an upgrade, but I would have to give up my aft cabin. So to us, not such a great deal that I could figure out, but wanted some other opinions. Haven’t been on a dam ship for 3 years and am excited. But club orange is something new that seems to get a lot of mixed reviews.

52 minutes ago, chloes nana said:

I just received an offer for Club Orange for our 16 day Panama cruise next month. It is for $15 pp per day. Is this a great deal for an additional $480 for our cruise?

Which ship? If it isn't one of the Pinnacles, you wouldn't be getting much you don't already have. If you do open dining, the priority seating would be nice, but I don't think that's worth the price. 

2 minutes ago, Crusinsusan2 said:

We received the same offer for our Oct 3-16 day and are 4*'s as well. We took an excellent last minute upsell from a veranda to a signature that we were able to pick. There was nothing included in the $30.00 per day CO offer today for both of us that we didn't already have included. The MDR is something we rarely utilize so priority open seating is not something we would use. Just out of curiosity I did call because the offer also included a "free cabin upgrade". Fairly certain I already knew the answer but the offered "free upgrade" with CO would be in the same category but a "better cabin" in case anyone is interested in what the upgrade means.  So no, not one added value for us. Having said that, if this was on the Koningsdam with a separate kitchen for breakfast and dinner would do it again in a heart beat!           

Was the upgrade a move to a "better" cabin of the same letter? Somewhere on the website, HAL says "within the same meta category."  I took "meta category" to mean inside, OV, verandah, etc. But if it's same letter, like from one D to another D or something like that, I don't see that as an upgrade. 

1 minute ago, chloes nana said:

We are on the Nieuw Amsterdam from San Diego. 

You would get priority seating in the MDR at breakfast and lunch and be offered one extra entree at dinner. NA does not offer a separate dining room for CO. You've already got priority embarkation and tendering. Unless you expect to use the front desk or shorex desk a lot, those priorities might not get you much value.

3rd Gen explained it well. I think you are wise to pass. Unless the ship has a designated kitchen/dining space for CO (Koningsdam and the new Statendam) you already have the most important included perks already with your 4*. Yes 3rd Gen also confirming the upgrades included in the CO offer are within the same category (letter) only with the location changing. Like cloes nana, we chose our cabin so an "upgrade" in the same category would most likely result in paying more for a lesser cabin we did not choose. Now if it was a SS to a Neptune  (or OV to Veranda etc.) it would definitely have value.  Kind of like paying more for a guarantee cabin than choosing our own so no value to a 4*! Happy cruising Cloes Nana, we are looking forward to this trip too 🙂           

Good decision not to go with Club Orange.  I honestly don’t know what HAL is thinking promoting this concept on non-Pinnacle class ships.  They have no value whatsoever.  If I was new to HAL and innocently purchased this offer I would come away from it feeling very taken advantage of.  I don’t think that ill-will is the results they are looking for.  It makes me wonder if the people making these decisions have any in-depth experience with cruising.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, chloes nana said:

I just received an offer for Club Orange for our 16 day Panama cruise next month. It is for $15 pp per day. Is this a great deal for an additional $480 for our cruise?

Interesting - we are 5 Star and HAL just offered us the Club Orange for $25 pp per day on the Rotterdam.  Needless to say we declined as we already get 75% of these perks with 5 Star.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iflyrc5 said:

Interesting - we are 5 Star and HAL just offered us the Club Orange for $25 pp per day on the Rotterdam.  Needless to say we declined as we already get 75% of these perks with 5 Star.

Interesting, as with everything else Holland America, no rhyme or reason. And you as a lucky 5 star mariner gets a higher rate then me?????

We received 2 offers in 2 days for a 14 day trip on Rotterdam. Upsell lanai to Neptune for $899  pp and club orange for $25 pp per day.  Passed on both. Had booked after final pay and happy with this price point and location.  Extra Neptune and orange perks of no interest for us.  Upsell seemed high.  On another cruise we were offered aft corner Neptune for total of $600 which we grabbed.  We just book at price and location we are happy with and do not anticipate upsell.  Of course we monitor sales and pricing and have gotten repricing several times.

9 hours ago, Crusinsusan2 said:

3rd Gen explained it well. I think you are wise to pass. Unless the ship has a designated kitchen/dining space for CO (Koningsdam and the new Statendam) you already have the most important included perks already with your 4*. Yes 3rd Gen also confirming the upgrades included in the CO offer are within the same category (letter) only with the location changing. Like cloes nana, we chose our cabin so an "upgrade" in the same category would most likely result in paying more for a lesser cabin we did not choose. Now if it was a SS to a Neptune  (or OV to Veranda etc.) it would definitely have value.  Kind of like paying more for a guarantee cabin than choosing our own so no value to a 4*! Happy cruising Cloes Nana, we are looking forward to this trip too 🙂           

Oh come on, HAL, how does that count as an upgrade? What's a "better" location to one person could be "worse" to another. The "fine print" just keeps getting smaller. ☹️

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

Good decision not to go with Club Orange.  I honestly don’t know what HAL is thinking promoting this concept on non-Pinnacle class ships.  They have no value whatsoever.  If I was new to HAL and innocently purchased this offer I would come away from it feeling very taken advantage of.  I don’t think that ill-will is the results they are looking for.  It makes me wonder if the people making these decisions have any in-depth experience with cruising.

Or can you imagine the disappointment for someone who had this on a Pinnacle ship and, not knowing the difference, bought it on one of the other ships?  

29 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

What I am trying to discover, is if push came to shove, if only one seat remains.. who gets it? A 4/5 star mariner or a new guest with CO access?

When I discover that answer everything else will become clear.

Joseph

30 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

What I am trying to discover, is if push came to shove, if only one seat remains.. who gets it? A 4/5 star mariner or a new guest with CO access?

When I discover that answer everything else will become clear.

Joseph

probably the one star with club orange. the higher the number, seems to mean not much in a lot of cases.