MyVikingJourney cut off before cruise

zitsky

Something we probably have all noticed.  I realized I hadn't put the start time down for one of my excursions.  I went to MVJ to get the time but it's too soon before the cruise.  So no information about times.  Other information is still there.  I know I'll get the time on the tickets that are delivered to my room.  So not a big deal.  Just a minor inconvenience.

And if memory serves, once the cruise starts, you lose access to MVJ anyway.

I see you can still print out the Trip Summary, and that gives me the info I was looking for.

Edited by zitsky

If you haven't already, make sure to install the Viking Voyager app on your phone before you leave.  Its a great tool once on board with access to all menus, etc. for the entire cruise. Also, install Google Maps if you don't have it already, kinda fun being able to see exactly where you are.  Have a great trip, safe travels, bon voyage! 

Edited by ropomo

1 hour ago, ropomo said:

If you haven't already, make sure to install the Viking Voyager app on your phone before you leave.  Its a great tool once on board with access to all menus, etc. for the entire cruise. Also, install Google Maps if you don't have it already, kinda fun being able to see exactly where you are.  Have a great trip, safe travels, bon voyage! 

Download maps to your phone and you can navigate offline just using GPS (aka location) with no need for mobile data or wi-fi.

What I really want is an app that will map my day's wanderings using just offline maps and GPS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

Do you find google maps useful for walking?  I only use when driving.

Yes. Very helpful when we are wondering around an unfamiliar city with twists and turns.  Much better than the maps on the ship when we are really in a quandary.

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

Do you find google maps useful for walking?  I only use when driving.

We always use Google offline maps when walking about the cities - so easy to find your way amidst the wandering about.  Better also than any of the paper maps.  Once you get used to it, you'll love it - so simple!

19 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

How far in advance of departure does MVJ cut off?  I am still deciding on a couple excursions and know I am bumping up against the time to do so. Thank you

One week before your sailing you will be unable to book or cancel excursions. MVJ will still be there to view but you won't be able to do anything.

23 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Download maps to your phone and you can navigate offline just using GPS (aka location) with no need for mobile data or wi-fi.

What I really want is an app that will map my day's wanderings using just offline maps and GPS.

I’ve found the app Geotag Photos very good at that. It will log your location with no need for a data connection. It is geared toward adding gps coordinations to photos taken with a camera that doesn’t have gps built in but I use it for what you describe above.

• Thanks 1