MSC Armonia christmas cruise- dropping kids in kids club on port days

aravindndeepa

Hi,

I am planning to drop my 4 yr old and 7 yr old in kids club during some port days and explore the island . We may or may not do shore excursions. I have done this in carnival before with no problems. I was wondering if MSC allows this. I heard from someone they allow this only if you buy shore excursions from them.Is it true?

What I remember from my past MSC cruises is that the kids club isn’t open continuously, so the posted times may interfere with your ability to go ashore and leave the kids at the club unless you time things to perfectly coincide with the club’s hours. 

For example, if the kids club is open from 10am to 12pm, and then again from 2pm to 4pm, you’d be able to drop the kids off at 10am, but you’d need to be back to pick them up no later than 12pm.  

We boarded Armonia on Aug 26 and I stopped by the registration/info table for the kids programs and collected one of everything.  Unfortunately (for me), I didn't notice until later that the main info sheet was in German...

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

The print it tiny, even when you aren't trying to read it on a computer screen...or phone...  EM

This topic has come up before and MSC's rule a bit ambiguous, I never saw a final answer reported back by the other poster.  The MSC conditions of carriage state:

14.3 Minors onboard must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times and are welcome at the activities onboard or at shore excursions, provided that a parent or guardian is present. Children cannot remain onboard if their parents or guardians go ashore, unless expressly authorized by the on board staff.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Conditions-Of-Carriage.aspx

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:16 AM, Até said:

This topic has come up before and MSC's rule a bit ambiguous, I never saw a final answer reported back by the other poster.  The MSC conditions of carriage state:

14.3 Minors onboard must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times and are welcome at the activities onboard or at shore excursions, provided that a parent or guardian is present. Children cannot remain onboard if their parents or guardians go ashore, unless expressly authorized by the on board staff.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Conditions-Of-Carriage.aspx

In the Swedish brochure they say that it is allowed to leave the children on the ship. It may only be when taking a shore excursion from the ship. I'm at work now but I shall look in the brochure when I get home and quote the text, translated to English!

On 10/1/2019 at 3:08 PM, aravindndeepa said:

pokeyjane- awesome! so are you just planning to stay at port ? not doing any excursions ? or are you planning to do excursions with kids?  let me know if u find any good excursions ..

No, we don't normally do excursions, we stay on board. I like to enjoy a somewhat empty ship while everyone else gets off.