Silly question about lemonade

kruisecat

Hi! We are ready to head out on our Paradise cruise on Thursday (woo hoo!!) and I have a silly question.  Is lemonade still available from self serve stations?  Our last cruise was on RC (and it will be our last RC cruise) I discovered that they had restricted access to lemonade/iced tea to a manned station.  And they had signs up saying you couldn't fill up your own containers.  It was weird and honestly annoying.  We like to bring our own thermal cups to enjoy lemonade while enjoying the sun.  TIA 🙂

10 minutes ago, FSHLOT said:

I dont think we ever seen limited access to a lemonade/icedtea  station. Thats my "go to" drink, half lemonade, half iced tea. The only time i ever seen one closed on CCL was for cleaning.

Excellent! Thank you 🙂

• Like 1

I suspect that is to stop Norovirus.  When I fill up my cup I get a clean cup from the stack at the beverage station and then pour the beverage into my own cup to try to be as sanitary as possible.  I also bring dish soap to wash out my own cup each day, but I'm sure that not everyone does that and it could spread sickness.  BUT, as others have said, the beverage station is still self service (at least it was in May).

• Like 1

Lemonade starts about lunch time.  I have never seen it offered at breakfast times.  I do the same thing and make my own Arnold Palmer!  Have a great cruise!  Does sound like a precaution was made on RCI and not their usual practice, but I have not been on one of their ships in a long time so IDK.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FTLCruiseGal said:

It really doesn’t have to do with touching another glass; it has more to do with people touching the spigot with the rim of the bottle, cup, glass, whatever when refilling.

How is it any different, germs are on the hand just as well as the mouth.  They touch a glass with their hands, and heaven knows where they have been, then touch the rim of the "clean" glasses.  These "clean" glasses are then used to get lemonade and the rim touches the spigot.  I agree that it should not be done, but I am not going to freak out about it, especially knowing how many different things that I touch in public areas that have been touched by hands that are full of germs.

I always thank the person ahead of me that is using the Carnival yellow cup to fill their personal container and cringe when I am behind a person putting their container up to the spout for a refill.  So many times the person using the Carnival cup will apologize and I tell them "no problem, you are filling the way it is supposed to be done".