New to Oceania

Fortknox

Hi Everyone

I know there is choice of 2  Drink Packages House Select & Prestige but I am wondering if Oceania ever bring these out on a special?

We are sailing on RCI next year too & they have just had a promo on all of their packages which we were notified by via email does Oceania do the same?

TIA

1 hour ago, Fortknox said:

Hi Everyone

I know there is choice of 2  Drink Packages House Select & Prestige but I am wondering if Oceania ever bring these out on a special?

We are sailing on RCI next year too & they have just had a promo on all of their packages which we were notified by via email does Oceania do the same?

TIA

Isn't $59/day for unlimited booze (including gratuity) "special" enough?

• Like 1

The only promo you can really scoop up with them is that they will include the House package in OLife benefits and then you can upgrade to the Premium for like $20pp per day which makes it a great deal. If you are a drinker (even a casual drinker) make sure you do a package though-- Oceania bar prices are quite a bit more expensive than what you're used to on RCI. 

• Like 2

Thanks priceton123211

I'm not much of a drinker but do like a cocktail while hubby does indulges more than me with beer & spirits.

We only have onboard credit so will have to pay for the full package over 20 days it's quite a sum at nearly $90Au per day per person.

I understand I have to book at least the House Select so hubby can be upgraded to the Prestige & I just can't see the value in that for me when I don't drink wine or beer which is all that package offers.

If there was a special it may be more worthwhile for me 🙂

So yes Flatbush Flyer it's not special enough!

If they still have the 2 for 1 cocktail hour on your cruise, you may want to consider that instead of a package and then use OBC for additional imbibing.  You can also bring your own wine and liquor on board to enjoy (in dining facilities there is a $25 corkage fee but the wine is saved for you if not drinking it all).  In addition, there are sales on wine sometimes ask when you board.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fortknox said:

Thanks priceton123211

I'm not much of a drinker but do like a cocktail while hubby does indulges more than me with beer & spirits.

Just pay as you drink

I maybe have 1-2 drinks a day  not worth the package  for me 

If you take the House select as part of the O Life perk both parties need to take the same perk

You could  see how much DH drinks the first few days  then just buy the Prestige  Package for him if it worth it

Or take the OBC & buy  the Prestige package for him

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jay23 said:

Ummm    You can use your onboard credit for your drinks???????   

Yes.  SBC can be used to pay for any extras you charge to your account....gratuities (if they aren't already covered), drinks, excursions, and "trinkets" from the shops, are examples.

4 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Just pay as you drink

I maybe have 1-2 drinks a day  not worth the package  for me 

If you take the House select as part of the O Life perk both parties need to take the same perk

You could  see how much DH drinks the first few days  then just buy the Prestige  Package for him if it worth it

Or take the OBC & buy  the Prestige package for him

We also have 2 pre-dinner drinks each day, but usually get them at 2 for 1 happy hour.  Then there are the free drinks at the Captain's reception and the Oceania Club party.  Even if we splurge on a bottle of wine now and again or the occasional beer at lunch, we don't come close enough make the premium beverage package worth while.  And the entry beverage package is not of interest to us, as we prefer cocktails rather than wine or beer with dinner.

• Like 1