Exactly how long is the Black Friday sale?

On 10/2/2019 at 1:08 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

Actually last year we got our “Black Friday” drink package on Tuesday (3 days prior to “Black Friday”)

5 hours ago, WIChick27 said:

Question for all.. If we sail Dec 1.. and Black Friday is Nov 29 -- can we even take advantage of the pricing? We will be on the ship for Cyber Monday - technically. 

Worthwhile checking prices during the week prior.

4 hours ago, WIChick27 said:

FYI the BOGO listed in the planner is a serious bait and switch. Do not cancel your current price (you can't price out the pacakge while you have it purchased).. call them before you do. I cancelled our $47pp in lieu of the BOGO50% being offered -- guess what?? It's MORE. $15 MORE.. while BOGO50% off.... this is utterly ridiculous. Now I'm fighting to get my old price back .. 

I think your problem is a very common one in that it does state the price already includes the discount, and many do not realize that and expect to get another 50% off the price shown.  It is soooooo important to read everything in the ad and fine print.

I know the first time I saw the BOGO 50% off, I thought wow, book it and save a bundle.  I then saw when I went to check out it was double the price shown and realized, I should have read the part where the discount was already applies.  Effectively, it is 25% off per person so it comes to the same thing, but it is confusing the way it is worded.

I now know, that the price shown is what we will pay and if that's something I can deal with, I will book it, if not, I will wait.  I can't stress enough how important it is to read all the info.  I don't mean just the alcohol package info, but when one is spending thousands of dollars for a cruise, we should know what that is for.  JMO.

• Like 1

Interesting enough... the actual computer version does not say it includes the discount. It did say per person. 

The mobile version does a better job of spelling it out. 

You also cannot re-price the beverage package while you have one booked. You have to cancel to see the new price, or call. 

IMO the web version is very deceiving with the way they do not define the 25% off for each is the total discount. Also because the “price fluctuates” What is 50% off anyways? 

I don't have any specific experience with Black Friday sales, but I will say that checking on these forums, your roll call, or other places you exchange information with other passengers will serve you well.  As an example, I check about every other day on Cruise Planner for prices of things I'm interested in (shore excursions, Voom, beverage packages), and post if I find a good deal.  Just yesterday I saw Voom 1 Device for $11.99/day (down from 17.59 / day) on my Cruise Planner -- with no banners, no nothing -- just a price change.  I posted it in my Roll Call here on CC, and one other location.  Today, it shows up as a "40% Off" promotion, for the same price.  Stay vigilant, and stay in touch with others on your cruise!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IRMO12HD said:

I don't have any specific experience with Black Friday sales, but I will say that checking on these forums, your roll call, or other places you exchange information with other passengers will serve you well.  As an example, I check about every other day on Cruise Planner for prices of things I'm interested in (shore excursions, Voom, beverage packages), and post if I find a good deal.  Just yesterday I saw Voom 1 Device for $11.99/day (down from 17.59 / day) on my Cruise Planner -- with no banners, no nothing -- just a price change.  I posted it in my Roll Call here on CC, and one other location.  Today, it shows up as a "40% Off" promotion, for the same price.  Stay vigilant, and stay in touch with others on your cruise!

Thanks. I joined roll call. I’m merely disappointed they didn’t learn from the $18/day fiasco. They should really have someone proofing their marketing. 

Do they discount anything else during the BF/CM sales?  Spa or shore excursions or ???  Just curious since I've never booked anything for a cruise during that time frame.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Teeara said:

Do they discount anything else during the BF/CM sales?  Spa or shore excursions or ???  Just curious since I've never booked anything for a cruise during that time frame.

Prices change all the time on virtually all the items.

Thanks for the tips. I'm new to RC cruising. 

Does anyone know if the Black Friday sales will apply to the Australian prices too? Our cruise is booked but I'm hoping for some discounts on some of the 'extras'.

14 hours ago, WIChick27 said:

Interesting enough... the actual computer version does not say it includes the discount. It did say per person. 

The mobile version does a better job of spelling it out. 

You also cannot re-price the beverage package while you have one booked. You have to cancel to see the new price, or call. 

IMO the web version is very deceiving with the way they do not define the 25% off for each is the total discount. Also because the “price fluctuates” What is 50% off anyways? 

When I go to the webpage, on my computer it shows the "price shown reflects your discount" inside an arrow next to the price and next to add to my cart.  I wonder why it shows differently on different computers?

8 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

When I go to the webpage, on my computer it shows the "price shown reflects your discount" inside an arrow next to the price and next to add to my cart.  I wonder why it shows differently on different computers?

Royal IT?

Since this post kind of deals with the "fake sales", if you were looking at a cruise for next March or April and had not already booked it, would you wait until closer to book or go ahead and book now? I'm not really concerned about the room we get so I wasn't sure if the price may go down (although I realize this is like asking y'all to pull out your crystal ball, LOL). I normally book far in advance so the price is lower, but life got in the way this time. 

9 minutes ago, kristinmc8 said:

Since this post kind of deals with the "fake sales", if you were looking at a cruise for next March or April and had not already booked it, would you wait until closer to book or go ahead and book now? I'm not really concerned about the room we get so I wasn't sure if the price may go down (although I realize this is like asking y'all to pull out your crystal ball, LOL). I normally book far in advance so the price is lower, but life got in the way this time. 

I'd book now and watch for price drops.

We have re-fared a few times on the cruise price. We ended up with a really nice deal on the Balcony. 

I got a smidge excited to see the BOGO 50% on the Deluxe, but again, it just wasn't super clear and you can't price it when you already have one purchased. I now know what to look for in the wording. Lesson learned. oh well. I guess the "Price reflects discount" should be larger than the BOGO 50% -- seeing that the actual 50% is so ambiguous anyways. No one knows the actual price of the package because it changes. Would be different if it was originally X so that it is more transparent to consumers. The whole 50% off is ambiguous and deceiving with no baseline. 

I just noticed some of the banners now say "X% off Onboard prices" which is what the Beverage Package should say too, not to mention list the onboard price. 

Edited by WIChick27

12 hours ago, gamajr said:

Thanks for the tips. I'm new to RC cruising. 

Does anyone know if the Black Friday sales will apply to the Australian prices too? Our cruise is booked but I'm hoping for some discounts on some of the 'extras'.

We got a great price last year on the Unlimited dining package during the cyber Monday sales, $16 us per night. We are in Australia.

• Like 2