Exactly how long is the Black Friday sale?

Friday through Monday but the deluxe drink package  bounced up and down to the Black Friday price all the way until sailing and the same BOGO price was still available when we boarded. The only real savings was being able to add surf and stream to the deluxe for $10 a day (one device ) and the Refreshment package which was $18 that weekend and never went back to that price. Our sailing was in June 2019. It may be a totally different offer this year.

4 hours ago, DesireeC03 said:

I will be on the Symphony on Black Friday and will not have internet - but I hope to purchase the deluxe beverage package for my April cruise.  Is it a one day sale - or will it extend to Cyber Monday?  thanks

Even though you don't have internet onboard I believe you can still use the onboard computers to access RCI's website...it's of course free to do so. If you have any problem go to staff at Next Cruise for help.

• Like 1

It was Friday to Monday but the beverage package on my sailing was not lower then a random sale I had already gotten prior to that. The dining package was a score though, that dropped from $175 to $126 and that was on Cyber Monday only....after that sale it jumped to $199 and never went below $175 after that....cruise was late March.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WIChick27 said:

Question for all.. If we sail Dec 1.. and Black Friday is Nov 29 -- can we even take advantage of the pricing? We will be on the ship for Cyber Monday - technically. 

The Cruise Planner usually closes 3 days before the cruise.

On 9/30/2019 at 8:43 PM, Iamcruzin said:

Friday through Monday but the deluxe drink package  bounced up and down to the Black Friday price all the way until sailing and the same BOGO price was still available when we boarded. The only real savings was being able to add surf and stream to the deluxe for $10 a day (one device ) and the Refreshment package which was $18 that weekend and never went back to that price. Our sailing was in June 2019. It may be a totally different offer this year.

I'm really hoping the Refreshment package finally goes on sale for Black Friday.  The price for our January sailing hasn't budged from $22/day all year long, even though the "% off on-board prices" has fluctuated between 10%-30%.  Not sure how that works.  How can the % off change if the actual price doesn't change?

Edited by parsec0298

20 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Does Cruise Pricing tend to lower around 'black friday' or is it more 'fake sales' ?

The UDP was at the lowest I have seen it during the Black Friday sale.  That said doesn't mean the same thing will happen this year

On 10/1/2019 at 11:08 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

Actually last year we got our “Black Friday” drink package on Tuesday (3 days prior to “Black Friday”)

Royal must be taking its' cue from retail stores. Start the sales earlier and go longer. Pretty soon Black Friday will be Black November.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Royal must be taking its' cue from retail stores. Start the sales earlier and go longer. Pretty soon Black Friday will be Black November.

It already is. I need to purchase some major appliances for a new house and the builder said appliance sales usually begin in early November.

FYI the BOGO listed in the planner is a serious bait and switch. Do not cancel your current price (you can't price out the pacakge while you have it purchased).. call them before you do. I cancelled our $47pp in lieu of the BOGO50% being offered -- guess what?? It's MORE. $15 MORE.. while BOGO50% off.... this is utterly ridiculous. Now I'm fighting to get my old price back .. 

2 hours ago, parsec0298 said:

I'm really hoping the Refreshment package finally goes on sale for Black Friday.  The price for our January sailing hasn't budged from $22/day all year long, even though the "% off on-board prices" has fluctuated between 10%-30%.  Not sure how that works.  How can the % off change if the actual price doesn't change?

$22 isn’t a bad price. Mine last year was $26 the entire time until Black Friday. The reason you aren’t seeing a difference in price even though the percent changes is because it’s a % off of the on board price which is never revealed so it can be any percent they want to advertise and still come out to the same price. If you see 30% off and its $22 it means the on board price for the day is around $31.50. If it’s 10% off and $22 it means the on board price is around $24.50 that day. It’s the biggest advertising scam at sea.

Edited by Iamcruzin

Department stores and amazon have been doing Black Friday in July. The deals are still no big deal no matter what the season is. They destroyed the business by offering so many coupons and sales that it doesn’t mean anything anymore. There is no longer a sense of urgency because there is always a coupon or a sale going on. Now people just wait until they need something because there is always a sale going on. Same with Royal and their fake sales.

Edited by Iamcruzin

1 hour ago, WIChick27 said:

FYI the BOGO listed in the planner is a serious bait and switch. Do not cancel your current price (you can't price out the pacakge while you have it purchased).. call them before you do. I cancelled our $47pp in lieu of the BOGO50% being offered -- guess what?? It's MORE. $15 MORE.. while BOGO50% off.... this is utterly ridiculous. Now I'm fighting to get my old price back .. 

It is advertised as 50% off on board pricing that seems to fluctuate depending on the cruise.  Forget about the percentages that they show, always look at the actual price per day.

2 hours ago, parsec0298 said:

Check what the price is today, some of them are lower.  We have been able to get $20/day for our refreshment packages this year.  We got $17/day last year during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale.  We also booked it the Tuesday before Black Friday as someone else stated, so check often.  Forget about the percentages, just look at the price per day.

• Thanks 1