Ackward Dining experience on Majesty....1st solo

sandycruzr

21 hours ago, CruiseMH said:

OP didn`t specifically mention it,but to me it was ships fault not to serve him.

No matter if i am solo or with a group of 2,3 or 6 people.If i am seated and wait for more than 10 Minutes without anyone coming to me and bringing me the menu or asking for my drink order then i would leave as well.(maybe not after 10 minutes,but after 15 or 20,depending on the situation)

That's tricky on a cruise. Where do you go? Do you give up the opportunity to be served in the MDR? Or do you say something to someone? Those servers in the dining rooms work hard- and most are really hustling all the time. I've had cases where no one came to take drinks or wine orders until we were well into the meal, and it's annoying, but understandable when there's one wine steward for 100 people!

I`ver never waited more than 2-3 Minutes until i got at least the menu to check and i was asked for a drink.

Yes,i know that these poor guys are not relaxing. But since most cruise lines are already on the market for a long time they should have enough experience to avoid such things.

On 10/2/2019 at 4:42 PM, sandycruzr said:

I sat down and smiled and said a cherry hello. I was shocked when one of the women said “what is SHE doing here?”  The other woman said “well this is stupid!”  

I'm really sorry that this upset you so much! But when I read this, I burst out laughing. It's so over the top rude that it's absurd. If this happened to me I think I'd start laughing at them! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cyn874 said:

I'm really sorry that this upset you so much! But when I read this, I burst out laughing. It's so over the top rude that it's absurd. If this happened to me I think I'd start laughing at them! 

That is why we are all different people and we have different feelings about things...….I agree it was over the top

rude and nasty and the ladies had no manners.  But I would have been upset too.  We all react to things in different

ways. I don't think laughing at them would been in my thought process. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lois R said:

That is why we are all different people and we have different feelings about things...….I agree it was over the top

rude and nasty and the ladies had no manners.  But I would have been upset too.  We all react to things in different

ways. I don't think laughing at them would been in my thought process. 

Laughing never ever entered my mind. I was really mortified!

As an update, I sailed on Empress in September and Freedom of the Seas and had fantastic cruises from start to finish. And I met so many amazing people. In fact 10 of us are reuniting for another cruise in March. This unfortunate incident did not dampen my spirit and the love of cruising continues!  I know that the vast majority of cruisers are wonderful and fun folks!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, sandycruzr said:

Laughing never ever entered my mind. I was really mortified!

As an update, I sailed on Empress in September and Freedom of the Seas and had fantastic cruises from start to finish. And I met so many amazing people. In fact 10 of us are reuniting for another cruise in March. This unfortunate incident did not dampen my spirit and the love of cruising continues!  I know that the vast majority of cruisers are wonderful and fun folks!

Good for you.:classic_smile: sounds like a nice trip coming up.  I am trying to decide what to do for my birthday---which is in

March!

On 10/3/2019 at 4:50 AM, lab_love123 said:

I really can't comprehend how people could be that rude! I would like to say I would have been able to say something, but in the moment I'd probably just be so taken aback that I wouldn't be able to come up with a suitable retort.

I was recently on a cruise downunder. Most of it was absolutely fine. But there was one American (Texan accent but not tagging him as such) who did not understand that solos deserve just as much respect as those with a companion.

I'm sitting in the bar next to the IC. There's no one in the other chair. So he moved all the dirty dishes from the bar and puts it in front of the empty chair. I look at up and ask him what hes doing and he asks is someone sitting there. I say no but he continues putting the empty plates there. The waitress immediately came over and removed all of the plates apologizing for him. Which was not her place. So he turns around to leave and he's got a cloth napkin with him. Guess where he puts that? You're right. On my table.

I was just stunned. I haven't had that issue before and hope it doesn't happen on future solos:

- Grand Princess pacific northwest 3/39/20

- Majestic Princess Hong Kong to Sydney 8/20

- Enchanted Princess TA April 2020

Edited by Ombud