Getting for Athens airport to Piraeus Cruise Terminal

mollie99

We ended our cruise there and took our ship's free transfer into Athens, but from there to the airport we pre-booked a taxi through taxigreece.com and they were punctual (early!) picking us up at our hotel in a clean, late model Mercedes.  We felt the driver was extremely pleasant and safe and would use them again.  The cost from central Athens to the airport was 50 Euro as a point of reference.  

• Like 1

The rate cited above seems to be about the going rate for a taxi. It's not necessary to reserve one in advance but it does help you to avoid any unscrupulous drivers (sadly I have run into a few in Athens.....).

If you are interested in a less expensive option, there is an express bus operating between the airport and Piraeus port, called the X96. You can read details/see the timetable here: https://www.athensairportbus.com/en/

However, note that this express bus is mostly used by the ferry passengers, and the ferry docks can be a bit of a distance from where the cruise ships dock. So keep that in mind if you have a significant amount of luggage....

• Like 1

We have used the train from the airport to Piraeus, which was quite cheap, but you do have to manage your luggage, and it takes over an hour, I seem to remember.

Taxis have a set rate- I've seen these rates on boards, but we've been overcharged before, by the driver counting all the bits of luggage, and shrugging off the set rates...

If you do take the train, you'll probably need a taxi to the port... we've had trouble with the language there, and because of the different alphabet we had to go into the tourist board for a translation of our hotel. The port is walkable from the station, but not with much luggage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mollie99 said:

Hi

Please can someone advise me on the best way to get from Athens Airport to the cruise terminal in Piraeus where we are going on a cruise with Pullmantur?

Do you want the best way or cheapest way?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1