Someone Bought Me a Cruise

stevendom57

22 hours ago, stevendom57 said:

Ok, I want to start a poll. Who would

a) be honest and tell NCL about their mistake.

b) fly to Germany and share a cabin with Robert

c) change the guest to my wife and show up in Germany and have a great, although undeserved, good time

d) do nothing and not show up for the cruise

I'd call and change the reservation. I'll be in Berlin on the 2d of November.  Robert could stay in the cabin. We like to make new friends on cruises. I haven't told the wife this yet, so if I don't post anymore, call the police.

• Haha 1

Wow, I feel sorry for whoever paid for the cruise and doesn’t realize he/she isn’t gonna have a reservation because it’s booked in your name! I’d definitely report it to Norwegian to ensure the poor people who paid will get their cruise. Would have been awesome if you won the free cruise, though!

42 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

Wow, I feel sorry for whoever paid for the cruise

Actually, no one can book this cruise. It is only given out to the press and is free from NCL. But you are supposed to be a press member to go on it, that is the reason for this cruise. I am going to report it Monday to NCL. There was no one available over the weekend to fix it.

• Like 1

Well, the saga is over. After speaking 5 different people over several phone calls and numerous emails, they realized their mistake and took the cruise back. I feel good about it because I sure wasn't going to fly from Texas to Germany for a two day cruise, no matter how awesome it would be. And I know that the right person will be in my place, one that can accurately report to the world how great the Encore is.

Now, if they would have offered me a free balcony cabin on one of the seven day cruises...

• Like 3

you did the right thing and really saved someone (Robert) from a headache over a mix-up! I can't believe NCL didn't reward you in someway... even a promise of choc covered strawberries on your next cruise would have been a nice gesture of appreciation! 

This whole thing is hilarious!!

Lots of possibilities here. I was on a cruise, that I bought, from Rotterdam to Southampton on the inagural for the Breakaway; it was great fun. Then did the TA.

Some travel industry people, some locals and then a few of us going on the TA. Quite a few disembarked in Southampton.

I still think the mystery that is Robert is interesting......😊

OP, sorry it was not a better outcome for you.