Someone Bought Me a Cruise

stevendom57

Imagine my surprise when I checked my NCL.com account, looking for shore excursions for my Sept 2020 Rome -> Greece cruise (there are none yet). I have a new cruise listed. It is on the inaugural, 2 day Encore cruise on Oct 31 from Bremerhaven to Southamptom. I am listed as the first guest, with some unknown person as the second.

How nice is that... Someone bought me a cruise. Now I just have to hope that they buy me the airfare from Texas to Germany.

Steven

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

they don´t sell this cruise. It is only for TA, Blogger, youtuber and maybe special guest of invitations of NCL. wish this cruise was at myNCL 

Ooo. Maybe I need to find a way to get to Germany on my own.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stevendom57 said:

I'm on the phone right now with NCL. They really want to give this cruise! But I can't fly from Texas to Germany for a two day cruise. I have never had this type of "dilemma".

Did I they told you who is Robert?

Ok, I want to start a poll. Who would

a) be honest and tell NCL about their mistake.

b) fly to Germany and share a cabin with Robert

c) change the guest to my wife and show up in Germany and have a great, although undeserved, good time

d) do nothing and not show up for the cruise

1 hour ago, stevendom57 said:

c) change the guest to my wife and show up in Germany and have a great, although undeserved, good time

E) contact Robert and see what we could work out ..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevendom57 said:

A & contact Robert if there was a way.  

If it was a 7 day cruise or longer I would definitely just try and change the reservation to a friend/partner. 

Funny how NCL accounts link though. I met a man on a cruise a few years back, we ended up booking a subsequent cruise together (but then cancelled it well before sailing) and now it seems our accounts are forever linked. I have booked other cruises and changed my address in my account a few times but I still will have his phone number show up in my account. 

Even more strange, he recently took a cruise with his girlfriend and then a few weeks later I get a NCL advertisement mailed to my NEW house but addressed to his girlfriend - so funny and I have no clue how to fix it. 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, stevendom57 said:

Imagine my surprise when I checked my NCL.com account, looking for shore excursions for my Sept 2020 Rome -> Greece cruise (there are none yet). I have a new cruise listed. It is on the inaugural, 2 day Encore cruise on Oct 31 from Bremerhaven to Southamptom. I am listed as the first guest, with some unknown person as the second.

How nice is that... Someone bought me a cruise. Now I just have to hope that they buy me the airfare from Texas to Germany.

Steven

Can't you just hop on a steamer and get to Germany that way? Thanks for the smile.  I would be honest and let NCL know plus as mentioned contact Robert which it appears you have done.