Branded (NCL) merchandise question

three acts

This almost seems like a silly question..but..does the gift shop on the Escape carry NCL branded merchandise..e.i..t-shirts..coffee mugs etc?  It would seem silly if they did not, but I read on someone's post that they were disappointed that they didn't find any?  And also do they have the last day sale on t-shirts that most ships do...I work in a nursing home and 4 or 5 of my 'favorite' residents love it when they get a new t-shirt from one of us after a trip...I would like to purchase them for them but can't spend a fortune..LOL

Thanks in advance for the info..

Actually, I found very little NCL-branded merchandise for sale on the Escape when we were on it a couple weeks ago. I was looking forward to use my discount as when I was on the Star last year, they had magnets, ornaments, mugs, etc. I went on the first day they were open and there were just a couple of sweatshirts and some large ceramic ship models , and a floating bathtub toy (a NCL ship the size of a rubber ducky). Tons of stuff and a whole store dedicated to "Life is good" merchandise, so I came home with nothing.

• Like 1

Finding a Christmas ornament that was ship specific for my travel themed tree has been difficult. One store clerk told me to tie a ribbon on a magnet. I want to spend money and they seldom have what I’m looking for. You should find a some t-shirts at the sale but go early.

12 hours ago, three acts said:

This almost seems like a silly question..but..does the gift shop on the Escape carry NCL branded merchandise..e.i..t-shirts..coffee mugs etc?  It would seem silly if they did not, but I read on someone's post that they were disappointed that they didn't find any?  And also do they have the last day sale on t-shirts that most ships do...I work in a nursing home and 4 or 5 of my 'favorite' residents love it when they get a new t-shirt from one of us after a trip...I would like to purchase them for them but can't spend a fortune..LOL

Yes they do, not a huge selection but certainly do carry t shirts, mugs and sweat shirts for starters. Also toward the end of the cruise they have a huge T shirt sales, usually in one of the restaurants, with great prices. The sweat shirt selection isn't that great and we have found them expensive, but we still each have an NCL sweat shirt. 

13 hours ago, three acts said:

Actually, if you want NCL branded merchandise, you don't even have to be on the ship...they have an online store for that stuff.

https://norwegiangiftshop.com/

I was on the Escape to Bermuda in the spring of 2019 and found next to nothing in branded souvenirs so bought nothing. All I saw were a few magnets and some tshirts of the previous cruise (not cruise specific) It seemed like they hadn't gotten any new stock in and were cleaning out their storage bin! Maybe you will have better luck than I did though.

Edited by realnurse2
spelling

I was on the Escape 3 weeks ago and couldn't find anything that had NCL on it except for a stuffed ship that said NCL.  I usually get a ship ornament and they didn't have those. I thought okay maybe a magnet or a key chain and I will make my own ornament, nope, nothing. I went back a couple of times and asked different crew members and always got the same answer, no.

I was disappointed that I was unable to get a decent tshirt from my Sun stop in Havana.  There were a few "Che" shirts available in the Havana terminal,  but not my liking.

NCL could make a fortune selling souvenir t's  from all the stops.

17 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

Yes they do, not a huge selection but certainly do carry t shirts, mugs and sweat shirts for starters. Also toward the end of the cruise they have a huge T shirt sales, usually in one of the restaurants, with great prices. The sweat shirt selection isn't that great and we have found them expensive, but we still each have an NCL sweat shirt. 

I still have a pullover hoodie from the Pearl’s first US sailing. It’s almost “neon” green and it’s embroidered in navel y:

Norwegian Pearl

NCL

(Image of ship)

Inaugurated 2006

I’d bring it along on my cruise this Friday but it’s a really heavy sweatshirt that has withstood the test of time and still looks great. Sometimes spending a little more for quality really does pay off!

On 10/8/2019 at 6:51 AM, realnurse2 said:

I was on the Escape to Bermuda in the spring of 2019 and found next to nothing in branded souvenirs so bought nothing. All I saw were a few magnets and some tshirts of the previous cruise (not cruise specific) It seemed like they hadn't gotten any new stock in and were cleaning out their storage bin! Maybe you will have better luck than I did though.

We have never had a problem. Yes, the selection in colors and/or sizes may be somewhat limited but we have T shirts and sweat shirts from various NCL cruises plus other things, yes, like magnets and shot glasses. You must have hit a bad time. of course maybe we have been lucky. We will be doing some shopping in a few days as we leave tomorrow morning nice and early.