Internet for Gold Tier CWC

Marronnier

On our next round trip transatlantic crossing in November we will have 'Gold status' in CWC for the first time. I understand that this will entitle us to a free Internet package. 

Could anyone let me know how I go about securing this free package and tell me if it will be available on both segments of the round trip. 

Thank you. 

With CWC Gold status you are entitled to two free hours of internet. You secure that benefit by purchasing the 120 minute package the same as if you did not have Gold status. A charge for "Internet Time" will appear on your on board account as usual but that charge will be offset by a "Loyalty Savings" credit.

There have been previous discussions here about whether you are entitled to that benefit on both segments of a round trip crossing. If you have booked those segments as a two separate voyages (you have two different booking references numbers), then you will definitely be entitled to that benefit twice, once per segment.

If you have booked the round trip as a single voyage (you have one booking reference number for the entire voyage), we have heard differing reports on how that works. I think it's fair to say many have reported they have received two sets of benefits in that case but some have reported only receiving one. I've always booked round trip crossings as two separate voyages in the past, so I can't help with any personal experience on that score.

Edited by bluemarble

On my recent cruise [M929B, NY round trip] I had two 120 minute internet allocations. I exhausted the eastbound allocation between Hamburg and Southampton [technically on the westbound M930 leg] and signed back in later that day to start the next allocation.

Things were inconsistent if the round trip was one booking or two. For example, the Spa folks insisted that the unused spa pass days had expired at Hamburg - The Purser's office/guest relations was able to intervene so we could use all the days we paid for.

There was only one 'world club' party invite on the eastbound leg [checked with out 'diamond' status table mates - they also only got a single party invite]. There was a 'Captains' party on each leg.

Just now, Marronnier said:

Thank you both for your replies. A supplementary question if I may. 

Is the allocation per gold tier member or per cabin? So would both my wife and I both be able to claim the allowance? 

Thanks again. 

The allocation is per gold tier member. You and your wife will each be entitled to the 120 minute internet package if you are both Gold status. You would each purchase that package separately creating two different logins (different user names) in the process and would both be credited back the amount of those purchases on your on board account.

On my last voyage I got 'free' minutes for the two day eastbound Southampton to Hamburg, and 'free' minutes for my Hamburg to NYC. I booked them as two separate bookings. I actually had minutes left over when I arrived in NYC. 

I believe 2 separate booking #'s you will have 2  120hr packages for each of you , guaranteed.

If you are booked with a single booking # , you may have to negotiate onboard for the 2nd packages.

Edited by MCC retired

Incidentally, unless it has changed recently, the credit is actually for the price of the 2 hour package.  If you buy a longer package you will still be credited with the price of a 2-hour package.

Roy

• Thanks 1