Received an Upsell Offer

WCAB

5 minutes ago, SharkieRools said:

Because that's not how it works in the real world for most people.  Not everyone has the $$$ laying around to purchase higher level accommodation at full price, or perhaps they just don't feel paying the full price for better accommodations is worth it.  So if offered better accommodations at a reduced price it might now be within their budget, or what they perceive to be worth the cost now.  Much like many people would like to fly first class but don't have the money budgeted to do so.  However if the airline were to offer them a discount to do so, it might now be within their means. 

that was EXACTLY what happened when we took an upsell to our one and only full suite ...:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Would you all mind sharing what the upsell offer was, along with the length of your cruise?  Thanks.

Our offer was $269.00 pp to move from a balcony to a mini suite on a 10-day Mexico holiday cruise (Dec. 18.)   This will be our third change in a couple months.  We started out in a premium ocean view, then switched to a balcony when the price dropped below the ocean view rate, now we are in an aft mini suite.  

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

We did get a nice upgrade from a balcony to a mini.  This will give us four adults a bit more room which is nice.  The only

negative is that this deck does not board until 2:45 and we will be transferred from the airport to the cruise terminal

by 11:30.  That is a long time to hang out before boarding and I always look so forward to roaming the ship and having

a leisurely lunch prior to the fire drill.

3 hours ago, WCAB said:

We did get a nice upgrade from a balcony to a mini.  This will give us four adults a bit more room which is nice.  The only

negative is that this deck does not board until 2:45 and we will be transferred from the airport to the cruise terminal

by 11:30.  That is a long time to hang out before boarding and I always look so forward to roaming the ship and having

a leisurely lunch prior to the fire drill.

That is only a suggestion in the hopes of evening out the arrival of passengers. As the above post shows, you will probably be on board by noon.

• 2 months later...

Hey All,

I don't know whether its because of the Diamond Princess or there is no interest in the cruise I am going on next month but I have been upgraded (upsold) twice in the past 3 weeks. I was in an inside cabin and they upsold me to balcony. This was an email with a phone number to call and leave a message, they called me back 2 days later and I had an option of which cabin I could choose. 

A week later they sent me another email, to upsell to a mini suite, where I had to send an email back to them, I replied but said I would only accept an upsell with room approval and put my number in there. They did not call or upsell. Then Yesterday I received the same email again and again I said I would like the upsell but not without room location approval. They called me back over breakfast and I got the exact location I wanted. I am now in a minisuite for $400 (each)  than I would have been if that is what I would have booked originally.

This is my third Princess cruise and the second cruise I have been upsold a better room and got the room I wanted. 

Patrick

23 minutes ago, Tophat4321 said:

I have had one upsell offer from mini to full suite. Price was right so we took it. I was offered a downgrade to ocean view from balcony. Cruise would have been free. Passed on offer. We enjoy our balcony.

You REALLY enjoy a balcony. No way I'd turn down a free cruise.:classic_unsure:

• Like 2

one upsell - balcony to PH Suite on a little 4 day on the CB after the wetdock - our one and only suite, so far

one moveover - from a 5 day on the Crown to a 7 day on the Regal - slight upgrade in cabin location

one comp upgrade to a OB from an inside, but ended up not taking the cruise (Regal during the OM rollout fiasco)