Hawaii-Tahiti

Scubadoc

28 minutes ago, debsjc said:

We overnight in Bora Bora on the 28 day in February, and I was wondering if anyone had hopped off and booked a hotel for the night? I am guessing we are allowed to do that (we are there 36 hours)? 

Yes, it’s allowed. 2 of our table mates did such thing. They made sure to make the ship aware that they would be off the ship overnight. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, polmcs said:

Yes, it’s allowed. 2 of our table mates did such thing. They made sure to make the ship aware that they would be off the ship overnight. 

Thank you. We will probably only be there once, it's a long way from the U.K. ....so I might splash out on a hotel for the night, and do some early morning snorkeling.

2 hours ago, debsjc said:

Thank you. We will probably only be there once, it's a long way from the U.K. ....so I might splash out on a hotel for the night, and do some early morning snorkeling.

Our two table mates who did the overnight on Bora Bora overnight were from Newcastle which although is part of the U.K. though I’m pretty sure English is not the official language! 😉

“Why aye man” 🙂

I met some friends from Shottley Bridge (about 16 miles from Newcastle) and I offered to get the first round of drinks in. “Pint of Scotch” was the request. I’m thinking to myself “Christ, I know they drink a lot in the North East, so I’m going to be in trouble” 😉 I was about to ask for a pint of vodka to at least try to keep up, when they explained to me that “Scotch” was the brand name of the local beer! 😉 Phew! Still ended up hammered at the end of the evening though! 😩

5 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Count on some serious 'splashing out' - the hotels are expensive.

I know, when I first looked I was shocked! But I am still working, so I can make it up with a couple of overtime shifts. There are not many things I would work an extra 16 hours for on my days off, but this is one of them 😊

3 hours ago, polmcs said:

Our two table mates who did the overnight on Bora Bora overnight were from Newcastle which although is part of the U.K. though I’m pretty sure English is not the official language! 😉

“Why aye man” 🙂

I met some friends from Shottley Bridge (about 16 miles from Newcastle) and I offered to get the first round of drinks in. “Pint of Scotch” was the request. I’m thinking to myself “Christ, I know they drink a lot in the North East, so I’m going to be in trouble” 😉 I was about to ask for a pint of vodka to at least try to keep up, when they explained to me that “Scotch” was the brand name of the local beer! 😉 Phew! Still ended up hammered at the end of the evening though! 😩

They sound like great fun, but they would drink me under the table. I'm a total lightweight, one glass is enough for me 😅