New to NCL Sailing The Bliss Thanksgiving..Advice?

funfamilytime

Hey,

I'm new to NCL and am sailing with my hubby and kids (tweens) this thanksgiving in the Bliss.  I will take any advice you experts on NCL / Bliss you will offer.

Dining, shows, sea day advice. Port day in Nassau and great stir up cay.

Anything we should avoid?  Etc.

thanks a bunch.

Reservations at specialty restaurants are mandatory and opened 120 days prior to departure. Prime time dining (especially on Thanksgiving) may be sold out and you will need to book as soon as you embark. 

Reservations for the two main shows Jersey Boys and Six opened 120 days prior to departure. Your preferred day and time may be sold out and you will need to book as soon as you embark. 

Available on embarkation day will be reservations to comedy shows (early shows are family oriented, late shows 18+)

On embarkation day, go kart and laser tag will also be available for sale. Book soon if you want to give it a go. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, funfamilytime said:

What happened to freestyle?  I'm getting nervous 😓

Freestyle is well and good on the smaller ships.  Because the big ships have 4000+ passenger and little place to put them Freestyle is all but dead.  You can always live on the edge and just try to wing it.  😀

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, funfamilytime said:

do they leave some slots open for when you get onboard?

I don't know about the main theater shows (Six and Jersey Boys) but there should be dining reservations available on embarkation day.  I think I saw in another thread on the topic that they only open 20% of the reservations to book online.  Comedy club, go-karts and laser tag are only available starting on embarkation day.  For all but the comedy show I believe the touch screens will work for booking everything you need/want if the slots are open.

Don't skip the observation lounge - best indoor space on the ship.  Light fare available here through most of the day and night.

Lunch on embarkation day - Taste or Savor (2 of the 3 MDRs) or The Local (deck 7 at the Atrium).

Don't skip the Waterfront - deck 8, nice peaceful outdoor space (or it was in April in the Pacific), not horribly windy due to the wind breaks.  This is also where some specialty dining venues have some outdoor seating.

• Thanks 1

I’ve been on the Bliss twice including one of the ram-jam packed times...Christmas. If you’re only a party of 4, I wouldn’t stress out about making reservations for everything. As long as you’re not too picky on your eating times, tables of 4 shouldn’t be too hard to accommodate, Especially in the Free dining rooms. Go-karts...you can stand-by for if you don’t get reservations. It might take a few groups ahead of you, but eventually you will get In through cancellations. They run them day and night. If you’re a big planner, make all your bookings, but if you Can’t get them, don’t stress, you’re on vacation, what’s the urgency. 

• Thanks 1