If you have booked the Sanctuary for the whole week/cruise?

Wishing on a star

3 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

How much time do you usually spend at the Sanctuary?

Have you ever done the cruise sail-a-way in the Sanctuary?  I think it is open until at least Six, and sail-a-way is usually earlier than that.

Any other good tips!

Used to do that "back in the day" when you had to get up at crack of dawn each morning and line up for when you wanted it.  That became tiresome for sea days.  Now you can book what you want upon embarkation and not interested in paying for port days.  I used to want to get back to the ship from a port and run up there for a couple of hours.  Now, I just don't worry about it.

BTW, it closes down before 6pm.  Latest you get is 5:30pm I am sure, but a lot of people are gone by 5pm or shortly thereafter.  Depending on the ship, you may not have the best view there during sail-away if you care about that.

We booked the Sanctuary for the whole cruise on 2 cruises.  1 - Panama Canal and a 14 day Caribbean.   We are early risers - so if in port - we do our thing early and then usually spend the afternoon in the Sanctuary.  If a sea day, we go there in the AM after workout and spend all day.  

Especially in the Caribbean, If we tender, I usually do not care to tender - so we stay on the ship and then spend the whole day in the Sanctuary.  

I like booking for the whole cruise, I know I have a spot and can always go to it when I want

• Like 2

I’ve booked the Sanctuary for the length of my cruise, even 15-day cruises, many times. I now tend to book inside cabins and the Sanctuary is my “balcony” on steroids. 🙂 

Booking has changed. You can now book for a specific morning, afternoon or full day ahead of time. No getting up at the crack of dawn to book for that day. 

Hours are 8am-5pm. Morning is 8am-12:30pm; afternoon is 1-5pm. Afternoon tea is served at about 3:30pm. 

When I book for the length of the cruise, I often use it for sailaway. 

3 minutes ago, lido1 said:

Will be on the Royal in a few days & was wondering how much it cost if we wanted to book the

Sanctuary from 1 - 5 PM for 4 people.  Thanks . . .

All ships are the same.  $20/pp for half-day.  $40/pp for full-day.  $30/pp/day if booking full cruise.

16 hours ago, cruiseesusee said:

If you book for the full day can you stay from 12:30 - 1:00?

Yes, full day is full day.  No mid day break, that’s really just to give staff a bit of cushion resetting morning and afternoon bookings.