Drink package upgrade promos??

medtech71

Last year it there were numerous offers for drink package upgrades...20%...25% etc.  I have been watching since Feb for our next booking, and so far, there’s been nothing (unless i missed a sale).  Is Celebrity moving away from these?  I am holding out hope for Black Friday, but....

I don’t recall seeing sales on the upgrade, but have seen and taken advantage of discounts on the actual beverage package ranging from 20-50%.  The last beverage package sale on any of our booking was 20% off, so at those prices the upgrade  price could have been $8  vs normal $10, but the discount onLy applied to the actual package.

I too have been watching without luck.  I went ahead and booked to avoid any issues with the $14.00 perk fee for the drink packages to lock in.  I did it after the deadline of 10/10 without any difficulty and received notification that it didn't affect preexisting perk packaged.  I did confirm with them that if there was a sale, I could call and get the lower pricing which I have done previously.  I was told they were leaning toward onboard credit vs. refunding the price differences.  I am good with that.  I actually upgraded to the premium drink package on 2 cruises.  One without onboard credit so used a credit card for the upgrade and the other one that had onboard credit I used the credit and no money required.  

1 hour ago, happy cruzer said:

How do you get notice of a sale?  Email?  Celebrity wide offer?  Checking your booking?  Thanks.

All of the above plus checking your CruisePlanner or hearing about it on the Roll Call.

I haven't sailed with Celebrity in a while. Is this a discount for upgrading from a classic to a premium package or is it a discount for someone who may not have the included drink package and might want to purchase it pre cruise? I know Royal Caribbean sells the drink package that way and was wondering if Celebrity is now doing the same?