Pride of America confustion

amyh13

I am looking at reserving a Pride of America cruise for 2021 (or possibly 2020) for my family of 4.  On the NCL site it shows that only suites, insides and outsides  are available throughout 2020 and 2021 for 4 people.  And while I haven't ruled out a suite yet, when I go to travel websites (travelocity, expedia) it shows that Family Balconies are available and even on several different decks?  I just figured I could reserve with the reduced deposits and decide later if I want to upgrade.  Has this happened to anyone?

Edited by amyh13

1 hour ago, amyh13 said:

I am looking at reserving a Pride of America cruise for 2021 (or possibly 2020) for my family of 4.  On the NCL site it shows that only suites, insides and outsides  are available throughout 2020 and 2021 for 4 people.  And while I haven't ruled out a suite yet, when I go to travel websites (travelocity, expedia) it shows that Family Balconies are available and even on several different decks?  I just figured I could reserve with the reduced deposits and decide later if I want to upgrade.  Has this happened to anyone?

What dates are you looking at?  Maybe a temporary glitch?  I just choose random date of 7/11/2020 and could book a balcony for 4.

ETA = is it maybe the reduced deposit coming into play?

Edited by dexddd

I just entered departure Honolulu and July 2020.  If I leave the # of guests at 2, it shows available balconies.  When I change it to 4, the entire month of July shows N/A for balconies.  I have the same results in other browsers.

2 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I think what you're seeing is that not all balconies accommodate 4 pax.  Family balconies obviously are fine but not all others. 

If you look at the key on the NCL website with each cabin, some are only for 3 pax and others are 4. 

Actually the deck plans show two types of family balconies one holds 3 the other 4 - and it looks like less than half of family balconies hold 4. At least from a quick look vs actually counting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, amyh13 said:

Yeah when I look at travel websites, it only offers a family balcony.  But why wouldn't that show up as available on the NCL site?  

The websites you're looking at might not have live inventory on their website. Have you called and talked to someone from the website that said there was a 4 person family balcony available?

Yes I plan to call.  I just prefer to know my options/prices before getting on the phone.  And I find it odd that the website shows no 4 person balconies available for 2019/20/21. Or why a previous poster can see them and I cannot?