My impressions of the new wine menu

Brisbane41

On 10/17/2019 at 11:05 PM, Brisbane41 said:

I have cruised with Princess for about 14 years now. I really enjoy the line and keep going back for more each year.

Recently they changed their wine and beverage menu. I have held off commenting until I experienced a little and did not want to go off my first impressions.

Now after 4 cruises since the introduction of the new wine menu, I seriously think their wine selection tastes like nothing more than regurgitated water filtered through cut grass that has seriously soured and has no resemblance to wine whatsoever. I honestly cannot drink the garbage they are now serving on the wine menu. Red and white it is all revoltingly off.

I am not sure what others think of it but I am keen to find out either love it or hate it.

As for me I will now be reverting to drinking beer or spirits only and will not be touching their wine ever again.

Do you go the bottle or by glass?  Aussie or Napa wines?  What did you choose?

Sailed on the Grand Princess for 10 days in August and found the new wine list to be broad (multiple origins and varietals in almost every category) and deep (options at multiple price points and different expressions of the offered varietals).

While we didn't get a chance to explore much of the list in just 10 days, I was familiar with a good portion of what was on offering and I find it hard to believe that one couldn't find multiple whites or reds in any given category to suit all but the most elite and expensive tastes.

Overall, I am very pleased with the new wine list and look forward to my next Princess cruise to get an opportunity to explore new bottles and revisit some old favorites.

Edited by cougaraz
  • Like 2

On 10/22/2019 at 2:10 PM, Aus Traveller said:

On the Australian-based cruises wine starts at AUD$42, then the next dearest one at AUD$45 per bottle, but that's the amount we pay - there is no 18% gratuity added. 😊

Still expensive wine to us AU$42, what is it? $8 in Dan Murphys?