Uk booking using North American agent

postman999

1 hour ago, antsp said:

Yes I have booked lots of cruises with USA travel agents, unfortunately with the £ being weak the saving have gone. Generally it’s now cheaper to book in the U.K.   

But did you keep your loyalty level, which is what they asked..... 

Last Princess cruise I booked with a US agent the booking was cancelled a few days later as Princess would not accept it as I was in the UK - I am Elite btw. I have no problem booking Celebrity cruises in the US but we now have stated to take Star Clipper cruises so no difference than UK prices on that line. 

Yes I have booked lots of cruises with USA travel agents, unfortunately with the £ being weak the saving have gone. Generally it’s now cheaper to book in the U.K.   a

if you are in the UK you call princess in the USA and move your captain circle details over to the USA system, you are then free to book. Obviously if you are USA based you do it the other way round 

14 hours ago, HappyCruiserettu said:

Your loyalty level is maintained by Princess, not a TA. You have a Past Passenger number, and that should be all you need.

Yes, it moves with you, years ago you could not have the same captains circle no. But now it's not a issue 

17 hours ago, antsp said:

Yes I have booked lots of cruises with USA travel agents, unfortunately with the £ being weak the saving have gone. Generally it’s now cheaper to book in the U.K.   a

if you are in the UK you call princess in the USA and move your captain circle details over to the USA system, you are then free to book. Obviously if you are USA based you do it the other way round 

Notwithstanding the currency differential, I thought i have read no discount TA's in the UK, whereas USA has tons.  We live in Canada and I have been booking exclusively with US-based TA's for a very long time now.  Any variation in currency that might be against us from time to time is overcome by the fare discount.