Summer 2021 brochure

The other cruises from US are

Port Canaveral - Charleston - At Sea - New York - New York - At Sea - Freeport - Port Canaveral

Port Canaveral - At Sea - New York - New York - Norfolk - At Sea - Freeport - Port Canaveral

Edited by Ulsteinvik

50 minutes ago, so,ton saint said:

sounds good to me best of both worlds, overnight in the big apple,and plenty of sun shine on the second week , and on a favorable ship.

Yep me too I think it’s a great addition to the destinations Marella goes to and I will be looking to book.

I loved the Discovery during our Far East Cruise this past winter.

1 hour ago, Colbrit said:

Yep me too I think it’s a great addition to the destinations Marella goes to and I will be looking to book.

I loved the Discovery during our Far East Cruise this past winter.

HI Colbrit am willing to sacrifice my Caribbean cruise that winter to do summer in the states on Discovery, i feel sure Carnival  Royal and V.V will be looking over there shoulders to see a British ship home porting  on there patch, have sailed on carnival ecstasy from port canaveral i think its about  one hour from the airport.

13 minutes ago, so,ton saint said:

HI Colbrit am willing to sacrifice my Caribbean cruise that winter to do summer in the states on Discovery, i feel sure Carnival  Royal and V.V will be looking over there shoulders to see a British ship home porting  on there patch, have sailed on carnival ecstasy from port canaveral i think its about  one hour from the airport.

Arn't the Discoveries still tied up with RC anyway ? , playing to a different audience to the american lines so probably not treading on too many toes

10 minutes ago, so,ton saint said:

Which gateway would they use? Sanford as they do for their Florida programme? How long would the transfer be?

13 minutes ago, okavango said:

Arn't the Discoveries still tied up with RC anyway ? , playing to a different audience to the american lines so probably not treading on too many toes

I would interpret it as bringing customers who would maybe book with another cruise line for those destinations over to Marella - so it’s the customers who choose due to destination and giving them an opportunity to book with Marella.

3 hours ago, WHCobbler said:

Does anyone know if Explorer 2 and Discovery 2 will operate as adults only in Summer 2021, if so it restricts choice for families wanting to cruise in Europe on one of the bigger ships. 

Explorer 2 is adults only as it is built that way, there are no kids club facilities. Discovery 2 has a kids club but on the far eastern itineries kids are not allowed. Kida are not allowed on some onther itineries as well such as long repositioning  atlantic crossings etc.

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Explorer 2 is adults only as it is built that way, there are no kids club facilities. Discovery 2 has a kids club but on the far eastern itineries kids are not allowed. Kida are not allowed on some onther itineries as well such as long repositioning  atlantic crossings etc.

thanks very much for your reply davecttr 👍

On 11/1/2019 at 11:40 AM, nancyneptune said:

Just hope one of those five departure airports is in Scotland or like Dave we will be looking elsewhere again.

Dont hold your breath nancy

Much like TUI announcing more flights to Orlando next year after TC collapse,no flights that cover the Scottish Easter or October school hols

On 11/1/2019 at 11:40 AM, nancyneptune said:

Just hope one of those five departure airports is in Scotland or like Dave we will be looking elsewhere again.

Someone has just posted photos of pages from the new brochure on fb. I saw a Glasgow flight for Port Canaveral!

On 10/28/2019 at 1:53 PM, Colbrit said:

My source has said there is a change with Discovery’s home port for summer 2021 - not been revealed as yet. 

Hi Colbrit

would you know the better of the two ports as you know only one per cruise Charlestown or Norfolk with New York and Nassau thanks in advance

On 11/3/2019 at 5:54 PM, Sheila49 said:

Someone has just posted photos of pages from the new brochure on fb. I saw a Glasgow flight for Port Canaveral!

My TA gave me a sneaky peek at the new brochure today.  No Glasgow flights for the re-positioning  cruise from Jamaica to Port Canaveral.  In fact only four repos in total with flights departing from Glasgow. One to Barbados AGAIN and three to European destinations with short durations of four and five days. They seem to have split  what used to be 11 day re-po cruises in to two separate cruises now of four days and seven days. No re-pos from Edinbugh.  Majority from Gatwick, Birmingham and Manchester once again.

🤨 👎

Also see TUI will no longer be flying into Sanford Airport FL come 2022 and flying into Melbourne Airport FL instead.Guessing thats to coincide with the cruises as its a shorter transfer time to Port Canaveral

Edited by Jim The Scot

36 minutes ago, Jim The Scot said:

🤨 👎

Also see TUI will no longer be flying into Sanford Airport FL come 2022 and flying into Melbourne Airport FL instead.Guessing thats to coincide with the cruises as its a shorter transfer time to Port Canaveral

Also Jim i see they have ordered another 787-9

Just curious what my fellow cruisers from the UK think of the itineraries with ports of call like Tampa, Miami and Ft Lauderdale. I’m an American who lived in Florida for many years, so I’m guessing that, most likely, I don’t see these places in the same light as vacationers coming from another country.