Does Carnival have entertainment shows like Royal Carribean?

xps15z

3 minutes ago, Midwestgal said:

Been sailing Carnival since 1998 and thought they were bad even back then.

In my opinion Carnival needs to get with the times and start having better entertainment 

Jim just said Carnival is giving their clients what they want. So no need to get with the times.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Jim just said Carnival is giving their clients what they want. So no need to get with the times.

The opinion of one person is just that, one opinion. Midwestgal - You do you and happy cruising to you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Midwestgal said:

Been sailing Carnival since 1998 and thought they were bad even back then.

In my opinion Carnival needs to get with the times and start having better entertainment 

Not trying to be snippy or anything, just curious.

Can you define "better"?

More elaborate production, larger live band accompanying the cast, better cast?

I haven't seen their newest offering, so I'll wait to render judgement.  But, I was not very impressed on our last cruise, I will admit that.

I would be entertained by skits like that were on TV years ago - think Hee-Haw and Laugh In. 

• Like 1

To me it was a simple choice for my upcoming family cruise.  I asked the teenagers if they would rather have  better entertainment or better food.  We are going Carnival.  I have seen much better entertainment on my 3 past RCCL cruises.  I have only been on 1 Carnival and was very unimpressed with the shows.  I can’t really remember seeing one bad show on RCCL.  The acts on RCCL could definitely be in Vegas review show.  I have seen a place many.  On my one Carnival, the showgirls wouldn’t make it through an audition in Vegas.  1 of my 3 RCCL cruises was Hong Kong through Japan.  Great entertainment, but the MDR food ruined it for us.  On RCCL you must prepare to buy specialty dining.  We liked the MDR food on Carnival very much.

56 minutes ago, DryCreek said:

Not trying to be snippy or anything, just curious.

Can you define "better"?

More elaborate production, larger live band accompanying the cast, better cast?

I haven't seen their newest offering, so I'll wait to render judgement.  But, I was not very impressed on our last cruise, I will admit that.

I would be entertained by skits like that were on TV years ago - think Hee-Haw and Laugh In. 

So for me I find Carnival very stale and old school with their entertainment. I was just so blown away by what they had on the Allure, Mama Mia , Blue Planet, the jazz club , ice skating , and water show and it all was very well done. I’ve seen Mama Mia in Chicago and on Broadway in NY and it was that quality . I seen Carnival performers struggle to even do line kicks.  For me it’s very generic....no wow factor.
Now that I’m older I’m harder to impress ,  I’m one who wants to walk out of something going wow that was good and that’s what I said after watch Blue Planet and most of the shows....it was WOW! 

I will be on Harmony in April and let’s see if it still wows me however I’m sure it will. Freedom class and Oasis class of royal ships are just set up so nice with so much more quality in things to, to me carnival is tired and old , that being said I do think carnival had a better comedy club and buffet. I though the Allure buffet was absolutely horrible not that Carnival is 5 star but I find it much better.

so at this time in my life I find Royal much better especially when it comes to entertainment. To each his own , keep doing what works for you as we are all different, that’s why we have choices.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Midwestgal said:

So for me I find Carnival very stale and old school with their entertainment. I was just so blown away by what they had on the Allure, Mama Mia , Blue Planet, the jazz club , ice skating , and water show and it all was very well done. I’ve seen Mama Mia in Chicago and on Broadway in NY and it was that quality .

You know, my wife would really enjoy Cirque or Blue Man Group style shows.

Are there any cruise lines offering that type of entertainment fare?

6 hours ago, AHS123 said:

I hope you know I was supporting you 😉 

Once again my apologies. I was going to send you a PM but can’t for some reason. 
I have no problem admitting when I’m wrong ...sorry to have reacted that way .

I like it’s just so common for people to attack people on CC that I took it wrong. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Midwestgal said:

Once again my apologies. I was going to send you a PM but can’t for some reason. 
I have no problem admitting when I’m wrong ...sorry to have reacted that way .

I like it’s just so common for people to attack people on CC that I took it wrong. 

It was not my most well written post that's for sure. Glad you figured out the first sentence was in reply to the person I quoted and the second sentence was written to you.

You can find good information on this site but it's like panning for gold to find a good nugget of information.

• Like 1