EZ Air Price Reduction

travellingnana

My EZ Air return flight home is now $200 less then when I selected it...from $600 to $400. The price has also gone down to $400 in my cruise personalizer.  Do I still need to cancel the original booking and re-book at the lower price?  Do I understand correctly that if I leave it alone, it could conceivably go back up to $600, whereas if I cancel and re-book, it won't go over $400?  Thanks.

14 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

My EZ Air return flight home is now $200 less then when I selected it...from $600 to $400. The price has also gone down to $400 in my cruise personalizer.  Do I still need to cancel the original booking and re-book at the lower price?  Do I understand correctly that if I leave it alone, it could conceivably go back up to $600, whereas if I cancel and re-book, it won't go over $400?  Thanks.

Yes you need to modify the booking.

It will not lower the price automatically.

To re fare, go into your EZ Air booking and hit the “modify flights” tab. 
You can then search the flight and see if it does indeed have the lower available flight/price. If it does pick that flight and it will book the new flight/fare and automatically cancel your old one.

If you do not see the new lower fare just back out and return to the personalizer.

Do not hit cancel flights!

In my experience once booked my price has never changed. I do not pay the air early either.

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

You can then search the flight and see if it does indeed have the lower available flight/price. If it does pick that flight and it will book the new flight/fare and automatically cancel your old one.

If you do not see the new lower fare just back out and return to the personalizer.

In my experience once booked my price has never changed. I do not pay the air early either.

I've had great experiences with EZ Air; fares are generally much better than booking via the airline's website, especially on overseas and open jaw flights (flying to one city and from a different one). My fares for next summer's Baltic cruise dropped twice within the first 2 weeks of booking. I did exactly as above and re-booked twice. Fares are now higher, so I'm glad I checked. I would recommend checking back every so often to see if fares have gone down. Good luck. 

Thanks for this timely info.  We have EZ air booked at $1307 for 2 people.  If I do a flight search under Plan a Cruise ( our cruise ), the price is showing $782 for 2 people.  When I follow the above steps in our actual booking, the price only drops by $5.

I will keep checking, but find it strange our actual booking is not showing price drop.

10 minutes ago, gtcruisers said:

Thanks for this timely info.  We have EZ air booked at $1307 for 2 people.  If I do a flight search under Plan a Cruise ( our cruise ), the price is showing $782 for 2 people.  When I follow the above steps in our actual booking, the price only drops by $5.

I will keep checking, but find it strange our actual booking is not showing price drop.

Are you looking at the same exact flights to see the $782 price? 

3 hours ago, gtcruisers said:

When I first booked one of my flights I checked back after a couple of weeks (on the Plan a Cruise page) and saw a significant price reduction .  I went into my booking, canceled what I had, selected the lower fare, and tried to book it.  Got as far as the confirmation...suddenly said fare was no longer available. Immediately rebooked what I had before.  Maybe that's the problem?

1 hour ago, travellingnana said:

When I first booked one of my flights I checked back after a couple of weeks (on the Plan a Cruise page) and saw a significant price reduction .  I went into my booking, canceled what I had, selected the lower fare, and tried to book it.  Got as far as the confirmation...suddenly said fare was no longer available. Immediately rebooked what I had before.  Maybe that's the problem?

If I see a lower fare, I call Princess and have the rep do the change while I am on the phone. That way I do not risk screwing up what I had if what should be lower is not really there.

8 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

EZ Air is really a great option with Princess. 
Not much different then booking direct with the airlines.

There is a big difference. The flexible option is not available from the airlines unless you book their highest fares.

8 hours ago, caribill said:

If I see a lower fare, I call Princess and have the rep do the change while I am on the phone. That way I do not risk screwing up what I had if what should be lower is not really there.

Now that is the smart way to do it!!  Thanks for the excellent advice!

20 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I have EZair RT with United with my upcoming Full Transit Panama cruise in March.  I have done the above 4 times already and have saved $457pp!  Very easy to do.  After rebooking I check my personalizer to make sure the new price is there and then go to the airlines and make sure they have my new booking and seat assignments I had chosen.  I fly First/Business with EZair as its prices are something I can and am willing to splurge on.  In fact, the only way I can fly Bus./First!  Grin.  The latest rebooking I did, the new lower price was really a savings, but literally was only there for a 24 hr. period of time!  That's why I check fares and EZair fares almost every day.  And just when I think I might be just wasting my time I get a good fare or EZair fare reduction!  So it takes me about 10 minutes a day to check and is part of my morning duties!  Grin.

Pooh

• Like 1

I re-fared the airfare several times since I first booked. Total of about $50 pp for a JFK to FLL RT in December.

One thing to remember, when you re-fare, the booking loses your frequent flyer & TSA numbers, so you have to reenter them.

On 10/27/2019 at 5:10 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

EZ Air is really a great option with Princess. 
Not much different then booking direct with the airlines.

On 10/28/2019 at 1:54 AM, caribill said:

There is a big difference. The flexible option is not available from the airlines unless you book their highest fares.

@caribill, I am pretty sure @Colo Cruiser was referring to the process of booking with EZ-Air and not the prices. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2019 at 12:54 AM, caribill said:

Big difference is also that the EZ Air fare is a much more restricted fare than what you purchase directly from the airline. This includes the "flexible" option.  EZAir fares are what  it's called a bulk ticket . This only matters if there are irregular operations during your trip. Then EZAir tickets might not look so easy 😀

Edited by frugaltravel