Birthday discount

bogofman

I received the birthday offer not long after my Solstice sailing...at the time I already had another booking for Reflection.  I was told that I couldn't use the birthday offer because I was already receiving perks.

Disappointed?  Hell, yes!  Please don't offer me a gift and then tell me I can't use it!!!

Promo code is required to get this offer: Birthday. Birthday Savings offer applies to 4-night or longer Celebrity cruises or Cruisetours, excluding sailings on new ships; Celebrity Edge & Celebrity Apex, and Galapagos sailings. Promo code is Birthday. Savings amounts are per stateroom and based on stateroom category: $50 ocean view, $100 veranda Concierge Class or AquaClass, and $200 Suites. Cruise must be booked 60 days upon receiving the offer. Cruise departure date cannot be within 90 days or final payment. To redeem Offer, contact your travel agent or Celebrity Cruises. Birthday offer recipient must be included in the cruise reservation to qualify for the offer. Offer applies to new individual bookings. All offers are non-transferable and applicable only to the Offer Cruise. Offer is combinable with the Celebrity brand offers. Offer is not combinable with Non Refundable Deposit Offers, Exciting Deals, Interline, Net, Travel Agent, or Employee Rates. No refunds or credits will be granted for unused options. Offer and prices are subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and not applicable to charters or contracted groups. Single occupancy bookings are eligible for the Offer. Changes to booking may result in removal of Offer. Refer to celebritycruises.com and the Cruise Ticket Contract for additional terms and conditions. Celebrity reserves the right to cancel the Offer at any time, correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and change or update fares, fees and surcharge

We never get anything but "Don't let your ship sail without you" every time I check prices!  Can't they see I'm already booked on that cruise?  Have been sailing with Celebrity for 25 years and have never received an email for a birthday discount, not even when I've been booked on a ship on my birthday.  I really do wish Celebrity would work on consistency.

27 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

We never get anything but "Don't let your ship sail without you" every time I check prices!  Can't they see I'm already booked on that cruise?  Have been sailing with Celebrity for 25 years and have never received an email for a birthday discount, not even when I've been booked on a ship on my birthday.  I really do wish Celebrity would work on consistency.

I Agree.  

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

.......Have been sailing with Celebrity for 25 years and have never received an email for a birthday discount, not even when I've been booked on a ship on my birthday.  I really do wish Celebrity would work on consistency.

Believe me, you are better off not receiving it.  Every time we receive one, there is some kind of restriction on it that makes it unusable for us.  Some gift!

All it does is get our hopes up for nothing and only reminds us that we will be a year older.

It's would be better not to offer any birthday gift at all than to dangle one temptingly before you and then as you reach for it, snatch it away.

Someone should tell Celebrity management that a true gift comes with no strings attached, to use as you wish.

• Like 1