Future Cruise Credits OBC - where do they show up?

Miki_moto

Where on my booking would OBC show up when using Future Cruise Credits?  The modest OBC credit provided by my TA is there as is the notation that gratuities are included.  Do the OBC show up on the booking at all or will they show up on my onboard statement?

I’m sure this has been answered in the past but I can’t find the information so apologies in advance.

14 minutes ago, Miki_moto said:

Where on my booking would OBC show up when using Future Cruise Credits?  The modest OBC credit provided by my TA is there as is the notation that gratuities are included.  Do the OBC show up on the booking at all or will they show up on my onboard statement?

I’m sure this has been answered in the past but I can’t find the information so apologies in advance.

When you actually book using Future Cruise Credits you OBC will show up in the OBC category on the confirmation. Perhaps the OBC you see on the confirmation are the FCC OBC and not from your TA. A call to the TA seems in order.

19 minutes ago, 57eric said:

Do Future Cruise Credits come with OBC?  I thought that, unlike Future Cruise Deposits, they did not.

Thanks.

I'm having trouble understanding the difference between FCCs and FCDs. I've only ever directly booked a follow-on cruise while onboard, never a FCC/FCD.  Or is what I've done called a Future Cruise Deposit?

Future Cruise Down payments are recorded against your CWC number here in the UK. You usually get a letter showing them, when purchased delivered to your stateroom.

When you book and use the Future Cruise Down payment then the obc is recorded on your confirmation booking together with any further obc that may have been offered.

Edited by Pennbank

Quoting Host Hattie in a different post the following is presented. "

The terms are different for US Future Cruise Down payments so hopefully someone with some experience will be able to answer.

For UK bookings they are only valid for a year, the cruise needs to be booked within that time, not taken. For US bookings it was 4 years.

They can only be used with certain fares (in the UK Cunard and Early Saver) so that could be a problem with your group booking."

So it could well be that Cunard sells Future Cruise Deposits to UK passengers, and Future Cruise Credits to US passenger with different terms. Not a surprise to anyone that they would have different products for different regions. 

I may be able to help clear up the terminology around future cruise deposits/down payments (FCD) versus future cruise credits. This is quoted from a document for travel agents. Note the down payment amounts and length of validity of the FCD mentioned here are specific to the UK.

What are Future Cruise Down-payments?

A Future Cruise Down-payment (FCD) is where passengers will pay £50 per person for P&O and Cunard or £75 per person for Princess & this will go towards the deposit for a future cruise. In return, passengers will receive on board credit benefits on their new booking. They will then have one calendar year from the date that an FCD is made to apply it to a future cruise booking for P&O and Cunard. Princess future cruise deposits are valid for two years.

What are Future Cruise Credits?

Future Cruise Credits are used as a gesture of goodwill if your clients have been in contact with our passenger relations team and a future cruise saving was deemed necessary. A credit will be created in our reservations system under the passenger’s unique reference number (Past passenger number). Your client must advise you in advance of the booking that they wish to use their future cruise credit. Future cruise credits may be used with any other discounts applicable at the time of booking. Please note that this saving is not transferable or redeemable for cash and does have an expiry date.

3 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I may be able to help clear up the terminology around future cruise deposits/down payments (FCD) versus future cruise credits. This is quoted from a document for travel agents. Note the down payment amounts and length of validity of the FCD mentioned here are specific to the UK.

What are Future Cruise Down-payments?

A Future Cruise Down-payment (FCD) is where passengers will pay £50 per person for P&O and Cunard or £75 per person for Princess & this will go towards the deposit for a future cruise. In return, passengers will receive on board credit benefits on their new booking. They will then have one calendar year from the date that an FCD is made to apply it to a future cruise booking for P&O and Cunard. Princess future cruise deposits are valid for two years.

What are Future Cruise Credits?

Future Cruise Credits are used as a gesture of goodwill if your clients have been in contact with our passenger relations team and a future cruise saving was deemed necessary. A credit will be created in our reservations system under the passenger’s unique reference number (Past passenger number). Your client must advise you in advance of the booking that they wish to use their future cruise credit. Future cruise credits may be used with any other discounts applicable at the time of booking. Please note that this saving is not transferable or redeemable for cash and does have an expiry date.

Thanks Blue Marble, I think we now have it. 

Thanks for the replies, I finally got it sorted.

We’re booked on a 27 night cruise and, even though I used my Future Cruise Deposit/Credit, there was no indication of any type of discount.  On advice from this thread - thank you! - my TA contacted Cunard.  First we were offered a 3% discount but we’re then offered $300PP as a sign of ‘good will’.  

Things worked out out for us but it’s a bit off-putting that no discount was given when booking with FCDs!

Thanks for the replies, I finally got it sorted.

We’re booked on a 27 night cruise and, even though I used my Future Cruise Deposit/Credit, there was no indication of any type of discount.  On advice from this thread - thank you! - my TA contacted Cunard.  First we were offered a 3% discount but we’re then offered $300PP as a sign of ‘good will’.  

Things worked out out for us but it’s a bit off-putting that no discount was given when booking with FCDs!

Perhaps not such a sign of goodwill, just the obc you should have received, if you have booked a balcony. For UK customers the terms are here.

https://ask.completecruisesolution.com/help/ext/cunard/before-you-sail/FCD

Edited by Pennbank

18 hours ago, Pennbank said:

Perhaps not such a sign of goodwill, just the obc you should have received, if you have booked a balcony. For UK customers the terms are here.

https://ask.completecruisesolution.com/help/ext/cunard/before-you-sail/FCD

Apparently I was supposed to get a 3% discount which would have been less than $600, so I’m happy for the $600!

4D6E1CD6-503A-40C9-B82E-BC1F07E892F2.jpeg

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

Disclaimer: I've only booked directly onboard, never via Future Cruise Credits. But it's been $300/person for a balcony on 7-14 +/- nights. Unless there's a double credit promotion in effect.

I found the "catch" - at the moment there is a campaign fare which is NZ$3000 less than the regular Cuanrd fare for a 29 night cruise. Hardly worth spend NZ$3000 more to "gain" around NZ$1000 (US$600 ) in OBC 

The Cunard Australia FAQ says FCD's can only be used with a "Cunard Fare" or an "Early Saver Fare". I think I see the voyage lissie is talking about where the choices on the Cunard Australia site are between a "Cunard Fare" and a considerably lower "Campaign Fare". I'm certainly not qualified to say exactly how things work with Australia/New Zealand fares, but on the face of things, it would appear that an FCD might not be able to be applied to a "Campaign Fare". We don't have this issue in the US where all we usually have is just a "Cruise Fare" where FCD's can be applied regardless of what specific promotion might be in effect for that fare.

OK, that makes more sense. As I mentioned I've never bought a FCD with Cunard (nor do I know whether you can do that as a US passenger with Cunard). I did buy a FCD with Princess but then it eventually expired and the price was refunded.

Edited by Underwatr

• 3 weeks later...

I can't ever remember the terminology (credit / deposit, etc.) so I'll just give an example;

We give Cunard $300 each, while on board, then much later when we book the next TA we each get $150 OBC in a balcony --- most of the time??? If we book close to sailing and / or some cheap fare we are not given any OBC. The same goes for some OBC given by Cunard -- maybe yes, maybe no.

I have no clue on when or how this happens.We always do get the shareholder OBC of $100 per cabin though??

If anyone out there understands this please let me in on it....................