Passing time in the Fort Lauderdale airport

cruiselvr04

11 minutes ago, Roz said:

I couldn't find them.  Are you counting things like Dunkin' Donuts?  There was only one sit down place, so if you bought something like pizza or burger, there was nowhere to sit to eat it.  

BurgerFi, Margaritaville, Shula Burger, Torn Basil, Offerdahls, La Familia all have tables to sit at.  And I'm probably missing a couple.  It's not that big of a terminal, are you sure you looked?  I think Margaritaville is right when you pass through security.

19 minutes ago, Roz said:

I was at Newark when I flew back from Switzerland last year.  Missed my connecting flight and had to stay overnight.  Next morning I checked in with United and then had to take some type of train to another terminal.  My flight was at 5:40 am so I was in the commuter terminal at 5 am.  A few fast food type places open, none served coffee.  Unbelievable.  Coffee not available until 6 am.  I got some because there was some security issue with our plane and we were delayed.  What I experienced was nothing like you described above.

Well yeah, you were there at 5am.  I'm sure a lot isn't open yet.  United is the terminal with the massive dining upgrade.  In fact, Fodors named this terminal the best in the entire country for foodies.  So when you say the Newark United terminal has no food or places to sit, I can't help but think you have never been.  That's literally the best dining terminal in the country that you picked to say has nothing, lol.

Let's put it this way, not only is there tons of restaurant options in that terminal, but they even have the tablets all over tables by the gates that you can order from.  You couldn't have more dining options to sit at.

Edited by BNBR

3 hours ago, BNBR said:

Well yeah, you were there at 5am.  I'm sure a lot isn't open yet.  United is the terminal with the massive dining upgrade.  In fact, Fodors named this terminal the best in the entire country for foodies.  So when you say the Newark United terminal has no food or places to sit, I can't help but think you have never been.  That's literally the best dining terminal in the country that you picked to say has nothing, lol.

Let's put it this way, not only is there tons of restaurant options in that terminal, but they even have the tablets all over tables by the gates that you can order from.  You couldn't have more dining options to sit at.

Not arguing with you, but if you read my post, I said I checked in with United, but they sent me to another terminal with regional carriers.  I assure you I was there and there were no dining options.  The gates areas were full of people waiting for early flights.

I'm sure I looked in FLL too, because there were no seats in the gate areas and I had nothing to do but walk around.  Maybe I'm just an idiot.

3 hours ago, Roz said:

I'm sure I looked in FLL too, because there were no seats in the gate areas and I had nothing to do but walk around.  Maybe I'm just an idiot.

Guess I just can't relate.  A few weeks ago I was sitting at Shula Burger enjoying a burger in Terminal 1 before a flight.  Plenty of seating. Always plenty of seating by the gates, too.  Often we just sit by a nearby empty gate.  All the seats even have outlets for chargers now.