Dress Code Royal Caribbean

We are doing our first Royal Caribbean cruise for a number of years. I note that 2 nights are designated Formal?  My previous experience is that very few, if any, actually take formal gear. 

Recent experiences and comments please. 

thanks all

27 minutes ago, thebard51 said:

We are doing our first Royal Caribbean cruise for a number of years. I note that 2 nights are designated Formal?  My previous experience is that very few, if any, actually take formal gear. 

Recent experiences and comments please. 

thanks all

Nothing's changed.

Hi,

Been on a few RCI and the demographic and "events" ie Xmas are important, Older people will dress up and use the MDR, younger with families won't and will generally use the buffet.

There recently has been a push to drop the "formal" description and name it "Dress your best" as noted on royal carribean blog(Cruise critic censoring)

https://www.*****.com/2018/07/02/spotted-wear-your-best-dress-suggestion-mariner-of-the-seas

cya

BL262000

Edited by bl262000
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Usually I just take a suit and tie, unless it’s a longer cruise a Tux seems a bit too much for one or two nights.

Check your cruise planner gut ,I saw Chops +1 for $80 .It may get better over the weekend.

Thats a night at chops a another in a specialty restaurant of your choice.

21 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Check your cruise planner gut ,I saw Chops +1 for $80 .It may get better over the weekend.

Thats a night at chops a another in a specialty restaurant of your choice.

Thank you I will have a look at that one. Chops is one we are keen on, usually do at least one night at the steakhouse.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Thank you I will have a look at that one. Chops is one we are keen on, usually do at least one night at the steakhouse.

Gutsy baby you can do chops second night and if you’re got room in your craw ?one to the end of your cruises around Australia.

14 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Gutsy baby you can do chops second night and if you’re got room in your craw ?one to the end of your cruises around Australia.

Jan is our fist Royal Cruise so we will just play things by ear. And now Mrs G’s pancreatitis forces her to veganism, my steakhouse visits have diminished.

Edited by GUT2407