B2B and Alcohol

reeinaz

I read the FAQ on B2B cruises on Carnival's site. It says I can bring on my total entitlement of wine (2 bottles for 2 cruises) but the extra bottle will be held until the beginning of the next cruise. It also says that any alcohol I purchase while onboard will be held until the end of the final leg of my cruise. They won't be delivering the bottles to my room the last night of the first leg. Are these rules generally followed? I've read postings that said otherwise but don't know if those were the exceptions or just as likely to happen as not. 

1 hour ago, reeinaz said:

I read the FAQ on B2B cruises on Carnival's site. It says I can bring on my total entitlement of wine (2 bottles for 2 cruises) but the extra bottle will be held until the beginning of the next cruise. It also says that any alcohol I purchase while onboard will be held until the end of the final leg of my cruise. They won't be delivering the bottles to my room the last night of the first leg. Are these rules generally followed? I've read postings that said otherwise but don't know if those were the exceptions or just as likely to happen as not. 

I, too, will be doing a B2B with my hubby in April, and we planned to bring on a total of 4 bottles of wine, 1 each for each leg of trip. I was unaware that they will hold the 2 bottles for our second leg of cruise. 

We were able to take all 4 of our bottles to our room on our B2B 2 years ago. As well, they delivered our on board purchase to the room on the last night of our first leg. Took a chance and there it was.

Edited by BalzacBill
spelling

For the wine you bring onboard, make sure you print out the boarding passes for both cruises, because you will have to show it to security when they question it on your way in. As for the alcohol, I don’t believe they deliver it to the rooms anymore. You have to pick it up on disembarkation morning. At least that’s how it has been for us lately. I can’t comment on whether they hold it until the last cruise because on own B2B this past spring, I only purchased alcohol on the second leg. 

10 hours ago, bakersdozen12 said:

For the wine you bring onboard, make sure you print out the boarding passes for both cruises, because you will have to show it to security when they question it on your way in. As for the alcohol, I don’t believe they deliver it to the rooms anymore. You have to pick it up on disembarkation morning. At least that’s how it has been for us lately. I can’t comment on whether they hold it until the last cruise because on own B2B this past spring, I only purchased alcohol on the second leg. 

For shorter cruises (5 or 6 days or less), you have to pick it up. For longer cruises, they deliver to your stateroom the evening before debarkation.

8 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

For shorter cruises (5 or 6 days or less), you have to pick it up. For longer cruises, they deliver to your stateroom the evening before debarkation.

We were on an 8 day, disembarking on 3/10 of this year, and we had to pick it up. 

2 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

You must have been one of the "exceptions may apply" group.

https://www.carnival.com/help/2633

image.thumb.png.bc6cc52986afad8e2767a386bccabba9.png

Well, if you are implying it was just me in this "exceptions may apply" group, that was definitely not the case (can't tell if that's what you are implying).  It was definitely that way for the whole ship.  Maybe it's because the ship alternates between 6- and 8-day cruises.  They might find it easier to do it all one way then to switch off every other week.

13 minutes ago, bakersdozen12 said:

Well, if you are implying it was just me in this "exceptions may apply" group, that was definitely not the case (can't tell if that's what you are implying).  It was definitely that way for the whole ship.  Maybe it's because the ship alternates between 6- and 8-day cruises.  They might find it easier to do it all one way then to switch off every other week.

Nope. I wasn't implying anything. The exceptions may apply clause means that Carnival can handle it however they want. Per the alcohol policy, 6 day cruises as well as 8 day ones should have the alcohol delivered.

38 minutes ago, bakersdozen12 said:

No, I was implying that YOUR CRUISE may have been an exception, not you specifically.  I don't know why a specific person would be required to pick up their purchase.  I assumed, apparently correctly, that you meant that everyone on your 8 day cruise had to pick up their liquor.  

23 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

Nope. I wasn't implying anything. The exceptions may apply clause means that Carnival can handle it however they want. Per the alcohol policy, 6 day cruises as well as 8 day ones should have the alcohol delivered.

Well, since @bakersdozen12 didn't quote you, I don't think that they think you implied anything.

The exceptions may apply means that there would be situations in which Carnival decides that it is more prudent to have liquor picked up on longer cruises or delivered on shorter cruises, probably for operational reasons.

On 10/31/2019 at 4:44 PM, reeinaz said:

They're going to do everything possible to make sure you don't get cheap liquor while on board.  

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 6:16 PM, grandmarnnurse said:

I, too, will be doing a B2B with my hubby in April, and we planned to bring on a total of 4 bottles of wine, 1 each for each leg of trip. I was unaware that they will hold the 2 bottles for our second leg of cruise. 

They did not hold our extra wine when we did B2B.  I showed them both boarding passes and it was no problem.

17 hours ago, yuki5900 said:

whenever we have done a b2b, we have always received alcohol we bought in the funshop on the last night...but it's been a few years.  i hope this is still true, bc i just booked another one!

That did not happen to us a few years ago.  There was a note in cabin saying it was being held till end of 2nd cruise.