Great Stirrup Cay cabanas questions..

big al

On 6/4/2021 at 8:28 AM, ggTexasGal said:

That sounds like a standard price ($499 - $50 perk) for the LARGE CABANA when sailing in April, especially booking it well in advance, like you have.

Also, currently, no other ship is scheduled at GSC on that date.  The price would likely have been higher if two ships were scheduled there on same day.

So, the price may drop?   We’ve never been there and have heard cabanas sell out.   This is the one big splurge for us on the trip.   We may not even get off at a few of the other ports as we’ve been to them all so often.

3 hours ago, Kflynn1120 said:

So, the price may drop?   We’ve never been there and have heard cabanas sell out.   This is the one big splurge for us on the trip.   We may not even get off at a few of the other ports as we’ve been to them all so often.

A "Price Drop" is NOT likely.  Price increases ARE likely! 

Although, currently there are many variables.  Therefore, until ships are actually going there, nobody knows what will truly be the case.

Cabanas do tend to sell-out before the Villas, simply based on the price point.

The Villas are newer, bigger, and better "exclusive" in many ways! (And, for those reasons, drive the higher prices!!!)

I highly recommend looking at this NCL site...

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/great-stirrup-cay

3 hours ago, Kflynn1120 said:

My post #9 on the first page,might explain better!

• 3 weeks later...

We were recently able to book an "OCEAN VILLA at SILVER COVE",  for under $270

(Winter 2022 SKY and the SKY is the only ship scheduled to be at GSC that day!)

We did have to "Prepay-in-Full"  ... might be a consideration for some people.

However, the above price when compared to a "Small Cabana",  was less than $100 more (priced after $50 Shore Excursion Credit and Latitudes discount). 

We feel that it will be worth the extra cost due to the extra luxuries that are included at SILVER COVE.

However, to demonstrate how very different pricing can be, for our Spring 2022 cruise on the Encore, (same category) "OCEAN VILLA at SILVER COVE is priced at more than $550 (after same discounts).

The cabanas are not much lower in price (even with the discounts).

WHY the price differences?  There are two ships scheduled at GSC that day in the Spring!!!

Therefore, in April, we will be treating the stop quite differently, with a brief visit to the island to enjoy some things we love, and then we'll head back to the ship.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys- Now that 4 of my cruise mates have cancelled, looks like it'll be just myself & wife for our Nov. 14th cruise on the Encore...I am considering now just the "Premier" cabana at $499 ( $449 w/ credits) for the day, not Silver Cove...anyone stay in these before? I know there's no A/C, but how's the location & view? Getting excited now about going back again on a cruise in 3 months! Thanks!!

Big Al

On 8/17/2021 at 2:32 PM, big al said:

Hey guys- Now that 4 of my cruise mates have cancelled, looks like it'll be just myself & wife for our Nov. 14th cruise on the Encore...I am considering now just the "Premier" cabana at $499 ( $449 w/ credits) for the day, not Silver Cove...anyone stay in these before? I know there's no A/C, but how's the location & view? Getting excited now about going back again on a cruise in 3 months! Thanks!!

Big Al

I guess you will need to keep checking back for new reviews of the Cabanas, but they used to get very good reviews (before the Villas were being built).  I think they still offer a good option!

The location is actually pretty good, being approximately in the middle of the island. If the walk doesn't bother you, and A/C is not a concern for you, I'd say that the cabana is a nice option for providing a shaded resting place, ability to secure your belongings, and because they are up on a small inclined area, good views out to sea.

Hopefully your ship SAILS, you actually make it to GSC, and it turns out to be a wonderful day!

P.S. Have you seen the map of GSC on NCL?  

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/great-stirrup-cay   

Scroll down their page for more info & map!

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/16/2021 at 9:39 AM, ggTexasGal said:

It will be nice when NCL ships are going to GSC again!!!

We are looking forward to reviews of everything GSC in general! 

I'm hoping that somebody either starts a new post about GSC cabanas and Silver Cove Villas, or adds recent Cabana info here.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/4/2022 at 2:31 PM, ggTexasGal said:

If we make it to GSC in April (2022), I will make an effort to post some info after we return home.

The Encore did not make it to GSC as scheduled 3/9/22.

Instead, we slowly made our way around the Bahama Islands and back to Miami. 😏

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 7:22 AM, ggTexasGal said:

I'm hoping that somebody either starts a new post about GSC cabanas and Silver Cove Villas, or adds recent Cabana info here.

We went in early January.   Loved having a cabana.  Small cabana fit 6 of us comfortably.  Came with towels & water, 4 floating mats and there's an open shower around back to rinse off.  Mini fridge, ceiling fan and an outlet so you can charge devices.  Servers brought drinks and were very attentive (we took good care of them).  They bring you to the cabana beach area in a 8 (or was it 10?) seater golf cart.   There's a few shops to buy local wears in walking distance.   At the island entrance near the cabana check-in there was a Starbuck's stand with cold brew coffee only.  

• 4 months later...
On 1/27/2023 at 8:59 PM, TenForward said:

We went in early January.   Loved having a cabana.  Small cabana fit 6 of us comfortably.  Came with towels & water, 4 floating mats and there's an open shower around back to rinse off.  Mini fridge, ceiling fan and an outlet so you can charge devices.  Servers brought drinks and were very attentive (we took good care of them).  They bring you to the cabana beach area in a 8 (or was it 10?) seater golf cart.   There's a few shops to buy local wears in walking distance.   At the island entrance near the cabana check-in there was a Starbuck's stand with cold brew coffee only.  

With having the cabana booked, did you receive tender tickets or did you still have to get them the same as everyone else? Have tried twice to go to GSC & been unsuccessful. Have a cabana booked for the next time so 🤞

sounds like you did have servers for drinks. Were you able to order food as well from them? 

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2023 at 10:51 PM, tartist said:

With having the cabana booked, did you receive tender tickets or did you still have to get them the same as everyone else? Have tried twice to go to GSC & been unsuccessful. Have a cabana booked for the next time so 🤞

sounds like you did have servers for drinks. Were you able to order food as well from them? 

We got priority tender with our cabana purchase. I can't recall with the food but I think they did bring it for us... We were very close to 2 eateries so no problem to get for ourselves anyway.  

• Like 1

On 7/30/2023 at 2:08 PM, TenForward said:

We got priority tender with our cabana purchase. I can't recall with the food but I think they did bring it for us... We were very close to 2 eateries so no problem to get for ourselves anyway.  

Thank you! Was hoping for priority tender! 

• 1 month later...

I am thinking about booking a Premier cabana as opposed to a Classic Cabana for our December 2023 cruise. There is only two of us, but I like the location of the Premier cabana locations better and that they are more on top of a hill. The cost difference is only $50 for the $550 Classic  versus $600 Premier. My question is this, if the ship does not get to tender, do I get my money refunded to me or does NCL keep the money towards a future cruise credit? 

Edited by Noworkforme23

2 hours ago, Noworkforme23 said:

I am thinking about booking a Premier cabana as opposed to a Classic Cabana for our December 2023 cruise. There is only two of us, but I like the location of the Premier cabana locations better and that they are more on top of a hill. The cost difference is only $50 for the $550 Classic  versus $600 Premier. My question is this, if the ship does not get to tender, do I get my money refunded to me or does NCL keep the money towards a future cruise credit? 

Never mind.. I found the answer. 

• 2 weeks later...