Haven Restaurant

elmoalex01

Hi!  Does anyone know if the haven restaurant on the bliss shares a kitchen with any other restaurants? I’m staying in haven on an upcoming cruise and menu looks great for my husband but nothing on there I can eat.  So wanted to know if it shared a kitchen with another restaurant and perhaps I could get something from it brought to me in the haven restaurant.  Appreciate any advice!

4 minutes ago, elmoalex01 said:

Hi!  Does anyone know if the haven restaurant on the bliss shares a kitchen with any other restaurants? I’m staying in haven on an upcoming cruise and menu looks great for my husband but nothing on there I can eat.  So wanted to know if it shared a kitchen with another restaurant and perhaps I could get something from it brought to me in the haven restaurant.  Appreciate any advice!

You can order from other restaurants but will be charged any associated up charge (like from a specialty restaurant). 

Seems to me that they have quite a few choices, I'm surprised there is nothing on there you can eat.  If I may be nosy, what do you like?   Reason I ask is that from my understanding the Chef's in the Haven will make special request dishes for guests on occasion.  I'm sure others can verify that.

38 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Seems to me that they have quite a few choices, I'm surprised there is nothing on there you can eat.  If I may be nosy, what do you like?   Reason I ask is that from my understanding the Chef's in the Haven will make special request dishes for guests on occasion.  I'm sure others can verify that.

On our recent cruise one couple from the Haven were vegetarians and they were served food from the crew kitchen which they said was wonderful. 

Up until january of this year I was a vegan who avoided gluten...and I ate my way through the Haven like a rock-star. The food is glorious - and the staff is very adaptable. 

You will absolutely not go hungry - I promise you it will be some of the most amazing food of your life as well. 

8 hours ago, elmoalex01 said:

I don’t eat any seafood or mushrooms (allergies), generally eat chicken and pasta or salad.  No truffle sauce or mushrooms allowed.

If you have allergies, contact the access desk and they will note it on your profile. At lunch the first day, speak with the maitre’ d. They will advance plan dinner with you. At dinner, do it again for the next day’s meals. My daughter has Celiac and must eat gluten free. They will make you whatever you want, as long as they have the ingredients!

I did a couple of special requests on our January cruise (on Escape) in the Haven Restaurant.    You should let the matre d in the  know by 1:00 on the day that you want something from one of the specialties.   I didn't have to pay an uncharge.  I only requested an entree and had a salad from the Haven menu to start.  Just be gracious about it and remember the matre d at the end of the cruise.