Hard, uncomfortable beds on Vision of the Seas

Lou33

On 11/3/2019 at 8:57 PM, cruiselvr04 said:

’ve looked at the klymite? air mattresses on Amazon.  They look really narrow. If you put 2 on a king do they cover the whole mattress?  I don’t want to roll off in the night into a “crack”.

My wife has been using one for years and she loves it.  (I decided buying our own mattress topper was better than ruined vacations due to her not being comfortable)  They are pretty narrow, so if you move around a lot they may not work well for you.  I also don't thing two would cover the bed without a "gap".  One thing that is nice is they are pretty long so they do cover the entire length of the bed which is nice if you are taller.  (my wife is not)  I also like that they pack up pretty small, so bringing it in the luggage is no big deal.  (we fly)  We just leave ours in the luggage so we never forget it. 

On 11/10/2019 at 5:14 AM, Esmerelda said:

YES, their mattresses are like laying on concrete.

I found the mattress on the Harmony to be really comfortable.  We were in a suite.  I'm not sure if they use different mattresses in different cabin categories.

2 hours ago, Cigar King said:

My wife has been using one for years and she loves it.  (I decided buying our own mattress topper was better than ruined vacations due to her not being comfortable)  They are pretty narrow, so if you move around a lot they may not work well for you.  I also don't thing two would cover the bed without a "gap".  One thing that is nice is they are pretty long so they do cover the entire length of the bed which is nice if you are taller.  (my wife is not)  I also like that they pack up pretty small, so bringing it in the luggage is no big deal.  (we fly)  We just leave ours in the luggage so we never forget it. 

I have one of the Klymite air mattress and found it beneficial on Mariner. My bed on Independence wasn’t as hard so I didn’t use it there.

I plan on bringing a nice mattress topper on the World Cruise. After 274 days I don’t care if it doesn’t come home with me

On 11/3/2019 at 9:57 PM, cruiselvr04 said:

Hmmm.  Not us.  We have preordered a mattress topper from Walmart to pick up on the way to the pier this week.  I’ll just leave it behind when we go.  If the steward doesn’t want it Royal will have to dispose it.  My shoulders and hips get sore from the hard beds.

I’ve looked at the klymite? air mattresses on Amazon.  They look really narrow. If you put 2 on a king do they cover the whole mattress?  I don’t want to roll off in the night into a “crack”.

We have those Klymite air pads and they work great, they are just the right size in my opinion.