Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

lynn2002

Merry Christmas to All.

There are many different activities thru out a Christmas Cruise and it is festive.

One thing I would like to point out:  Although you are on vacation and celebrating the season,  the employees on the ship are missing their loved ones.  Be kind and polite, even generous with your warm wishes, and smiles.  They work very hard to please even though their hearts are heavy.  

One year my husband and I brought on twenty Christmas Cards and just the simple thought brought them joy.

On 11/11/2019 at 9:26 AM, caribill said:

We were on a Princess cruise last year that was over both Xmas and NYE. They did have crackers on NYE. There was a small plastic car inside.

We’ve only been on X sailings over Christmas and the NY - no crackers.

On 11/10/2019 at 5:32 AM, villauk said:

Oh, you have made my morning 🤣. I now realise that you don’t have Christmas crackers in the US and I’d never even noticed, even though we have been on several Christmas cruises. As well as the link above, here’s an image to help visualise what the cracker is over here (no cheese required 😆).

300FF1FA-ACED-4A05-B08C-5DC6E9E22FDF.jpeg

I doubt very much whether they would be allowed to be packed and taken on flights or cruises anyway because of their construction materials.

We do have them in the U.S.,  but like someone else mentioned they aren't as much of a 'thing'.   But my mom used to always get the ones with the tissue paper crowns and everyone would wear them.  🙂

• Like 1

I had one cruise (Star Princess if I remember correctly) where the Cruise Director lead a non-denominational midnight service and several of the Filipino staff had a wonderful choir that performed for the guests.  All of the other reported activities (carolers in the Piazza, snow-making machinery in the Piazza, fantastic formal dinner, huge number of Christmas Trees, Santa's visit) were also in place. 

No crackers, no spotted dick.

I love Christmas Day in the Caribbean, hot sand and Santa/snow themes!

My sister and I will be on the Grand Princess over Christmas.  She was out shopping tonight and sent me a picture of an ugly (and I do mean UGLY) Christmas sweater and asked if I thought there might be an "Ugly Sweater" contest or party on our cruise.  I said I would ask on CC.

2 hours ago, momtodogs said:

My sister and I will be on the Grand Princess over Christmas.  She was out shopping tonight and sent me a picture of an ugly (and I do mean UGLY) Christmas sweater and asked if I thought there might be an "Ugly Sweater" contest or party on our cruise.  I said I would ask on CC.

I have never heard of that contest.  🙂

• Like 1

I have been on 11 Christmas cruises.  In the Caribbean, their big Christmas celebrations are on Christmas Eve.  Most shops are open on Christmas day.  They have had crackers on most of my cruises, after all, it is a British ship.  The level of activities depends on the CD.  I have been on cruises with lots of holiday activities each day.  I have also been on one that didn't have many Christmas activities.  They didn't even show a Christmas movie on MUTS.  Be prepared to say Merry Christmas a million times on Christmas.  Just about every time you make eye contact, it comes with a Merry Christmas greeting.  There will be hundreds of kids on the ship, but you will see the same 5 kids.  You don't realize how many there are until  the Christmas day family fun fair and when Father Christmas comes to hand out presents.  There is usually a special crew holiday show in the Princess Theatre.  

Its a very special time on the ship.  Hanukkah begins on December 22nd, so it will be an extra special time.  I always enjoy it when both holidays are celebrated on board.  Enjoy your cruise … and Merry Christmas … and Happy Hanukkah..lol