New York - Manhattan from Red Hook in the morning

rakkor

On our upcoming Caribbean Cruise, we have a walking tour booked for Brooklyn @ 12:30 (Urban tours - Brownstone Brooklyn) and as Jane wants to have an American Diner breakfast we are intending to leave the ship as early as possible. The question I have is how do we fill the time between breakfast and our excursion ? Jane would like to go to Maceys, to buy some Westie slippers (don't ask) would this be possible in the time available ? 

Jimbo

I think Jane needs to set priorities: getting off the ship, getting a diner breakfast, getting up to Herald Square , finding those Westie slippers (anyone know what they are?), and getting back to Red Hook in time for a 12:30 tour ( all without the assistance of Dr. Who) is going to be difficult-approaching-impossible. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rakkor said:

Noted - A bit of googling found a Macy's in Brooklyn, but with any luck we (I) can avoid that and just bimble about in Brooklyn prior to the tour after Brunch.

rakkor,

The Macy's in Brooklyn is no where near the same as the Main Store in Manhattan. The one in Manhattan is a 9 story building where the Brooklyn store is 2-3 stores high.

If possible, best to see the one in Manhattan and other stores along 5th Avenue Midtown like Saks etc...

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, rakkor said:

You will be pleased to hear Macy’s in Brooklyn do stock Westie slippers, and are inexplicably on offer. 

image.thumb.jpeg.7d480cc1d05aa05d5020d2dc6b02df70.jpeg

Very Happy to hear they upgraded the store from the past.

If it is the one at Kings Plaza, doubt stock was enriched.

If it's the one on Fulton Street, major upgrades have taken place over the years.

Bon Voyage!  

I hope I didn’t give the impression that “wanted” ever came into it for me, I would have been happy never to have stepped into the place, but that choice was never mine to make. As it was the slippers very nearly never made it on board, Jane left the bag they were in on the security scanner at the cruise terminal and she only realised once we were back in the stateroom. I was sent back to retrieve the from a very disappointed TSA lady. There’s no accounting for taste.

On another note I’d like to heap praise on Urban Adventures and their Brownstone Brooklyn walking tour - it was an excellent gastronomic tour of Brooklyn, west of Smith street. Thank you Sasha, our guide.

• Haha 1