FTTF

ober134

2 hours ago, Donoiv11 said:

Generally, you should be able to access the ship once it docks. Check in on-line prior to arrival and you should be expedited and on board before most of the previous cruisers are off.

That's not how it works on Carnival. There is an online check-in that you do prior to the cruise, which is available starting 90 days out, but everyone still has to go through the physical check-in once they get to the terminal. Including priority passengers. And no one boards the ship until the previous cruise is cleared.

2 hours ago, Donoiv11 said:

Additionally, I like the priority buffet line access as well. So nice not to wait in line and be able to jump right up front. Eat quicker and off to a wonderful day sooner!!

FTTF doesn't allow you to skip to the front of the buffet line. At best, you do board earlier than the general boarding passengers, so you can eat before most people get onboard, but you still have to wait in line behind anyone who's already there.

I 've had FTTF for my last 4 cruises.

Only had to wait once...we got to Miami at about 10:15,  breezed through the priority lines for security and registration,  and had to wait about 20 minutes to board at about 10:50.

All other 3 times,  literally did not stop walking until we walked on the ship (minus the actual documentation/screening at security and registration...nobody was in front of me in either priority line) and walked to our room.  Ironically,  each time they were literally just announcing that they were boarding for FTTF.  Also, each of those times (twice at Miami and once at Canaveral),  we got to the terminal at about 10:15-10:25ish.  So I'd say as long as there are no issues with Customs clearances and the ship isn't late returning to port,  you probably can expect to be ready to board around 10:30-10:45

20 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

FTTF doesn't allow you to skip to the front of the buffet line. At best, you do board earlier than the general boarding passengers, so you can eat before most people get onboard, but you still have to wait in line behind anyone who's already there.

Not sure that's true. I've used FTTF a number of times and always cut up to the front of the buffet line. 

We have had it for all of our cruises so far.  A huge perk for us is the room being ready upon boarding.  Dumping our luggage and going to have lunch without the carryons is very nice.  Beating the rush to lunch, early tenders for those ports, express lane at guest services and priority debark make it a $100 well spend for us.  I can certainly understand those that don't see value in it but it works for us. 

• Like 2

We did it out of Long Beach and honestly, I don't really thinks it's necessary. The boarding is so fast for everyone now. Also the tenders move fast and unless you are ready to go before the first one, it won't matter much. I've heard Miami is now like Long Beach and moves really quickly. So it really depends on if you have a port heavy itinerary and plan to leave the ship right away and have to be first off. If you are booking excursions through carnival, it's not worth it. Also debarkation was still a cluster, even with FTTF. For me, it was not worth it in the end. I could have used that extra cash for gratuities or cheers/bubbles packages. 

Edited by cruisingguy007

1 hour ago, Donoiv11 said:

Not sure that's true. I've used FTTF a number of times and always cut up to the front of the buffet line. 

I think you have broken in line. We are Diamond and have waited in line at the buffet. No priority for Platinum or Diamond and no priority for FTTFs.

• Like 1

Just now, tandemcruzr said:

I think you have broken in line. We are Diamond and have waited in line at the buffet. No priority for Platinum or Diamond and no priority for FTTFs.

This! It has zero effect on dining. There was some confusion when it first came out and some dining rooms were allowing FTTF folks to walk up and get priority dining in the MDR but that was simply a misunderstanding that has since been corrected. 

• Like 1

image.png.3cd47e7ce6c5bd7e4b93e7a0ce4f2431.png

Pssst, y'all: Donoiv11 is pulling your leg(s).  He's messing with you.  I wasn't going to get involved, since my attempt at humour earlier in this thread was taken so badly by OP.  But, come on, don't you realize he isn't for real????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

We did it out of Long Beach and honestly, I don't really thinks it's necessary. The boarding is so fast for everyone now. Also the tenders move fast and unless you are ready to go before the first one, it won't matter much. I've heard Miami is now like Long Beach and moves really quickly. So it really depends on if you have a port heavy itinerary and plan to leave the ship right away and have to be first off. If you are booking excursions through carnival, it's not worth it. Also debarkation was still a cluster, even with FTTF. For me, it was not worth it in the end. I could have used that extra cash for gratuities or cheers/bubbles packages. 

Do you recall what time you started boarding in Long Beach? I am considering purchasing. We have a check in time for noon. 

1 minute ago, TOMTOMRN331 said:

Do you recall what time you started boarding in Long Beach? I am considering purchasing. We have a check in time for noon. 

It was around 11 they let us in. We did get to go first as there are two lines. One for priority boarding (about 40 deep by the time they actually started letting us in) and another long line (about 100-150 people) for those arriving early/late. They let everyone in in that order. After quickly passing security you will stage for boarding with the platinum/diamond folks going into a lounge, FTTF staging just outside of it, and everyone else in a general area. Boarding actually began around 11:15-11:20 or so and was in the same order. You might save 15-20 min max. A lot of the same folks who lined up early boarded just after we did. They are on it in Long Beach and it moves quickly. Show up at 11 if you want to get on as soon as humanly possible, 11:30 if you just want to be able to stroll on through with less lines.    

3 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

It was around 11 they let us in. We did get to go first as there are two lines. One for priority boarding (about 40 deep by the time they actually started letting us in) and another long line (about 100-150 people) for those arriving early/late. They let everyone in in that order. After quickly passing security you will stage for boarding with the platinum/diamond folks going into a lounge, FTTF staging just outside of it, and everyone else in a general area. Boarding actually began around 11:15-11:20 or so and was in the same order. You might save 15-20 min max. A lot of the same folks who lined up early boarded just after we did. They are on it in Long Beach and it moves quickly. Show up at 11 if you want to get on as soon as humanly possible, 11:30 if you just want to be able to stroll on through with less lines.    

Thank you - I was thinking of getting there around 11:00 or 11:30.

On 11/11/2019 at 9:38 PM, Organized Chaos said:

They won't even start offering FTTF for the Panorama until its February, 2020 departures. So that may be why you don't see them available for those cruises yet. If it was simply sold out, you'd still see it in your excursions, but listed as "Sold Out."

Anyone know why FTTF isn't available yet for Sunrise cruise on 2/22/20?  There isn't an excursion listing for FTTF at all yet.

thx

20 hours ago, Donoiv11 said:

bef4ef152bb3fee194b2c2d2d8cdaefd.jpg

After having a look at your past comments, I see that you get your kicks from trolling threads. Had I known, I wouldn't have even bothered. If your favorite cruise line really is Princess, then go troll that forum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

bef4ef152bb3fee194b2c2d2d8cdaefd.jpg

After having a look at your past comments, I see that you get your kicks from trolling threads. Had I known, I wouldn't have even bothered. If your favorite cruise line really is Princess, then go troll that forum.

I agree. I found no humor in his comment whatsoever.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jdemps said:

Anyone know why FTTF isn't available yet for Sunrise cruise on 2/22/20?  There isn't an excursion listing for FTTF at all yet.

thx

I am wondering the same thing for Liberty on 1/3/20.  It doesn't say it's sold out, it's just not showing up in the excursions.  

18 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

Pssst, y'all: Donoiv11 is pulling your leg(s).  He's messing with you.  I wasn't going to get involved, since my attempt at humour earlier in this thread was taken so badly by OP.  But, come on, don't you realize he isn't for real????

Did you mean OC instead of OP, because the OP wasn't involved? "Taken so badly" is a bit dramatic. Your post didn't have the humorous effect like you intended. It happens all the time. Besides, I told you why I took it the way I did. It was a simple misunderstanding. I don't have any beef with you and never have (no pun intended). I don't see the need to drag it out and make it into something it's not.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jdemps said:

thx

17 minutes ago, dlphn501 said:

I am wondering the same thing for Liberty on 1/3/20.  It doesn't say it's sold out, it's just not showing up in the excursions.  

There was quite a bit of discussion about this some months ago. Seems like a lot of the early 2020 cruises weren't showing FTTF yet. Even when other cruises on the same ships before and after were. I don't know if it's a hiccup in their system or what, but it does seem unusual. Especially for cruises on older ships.

Edited by Organized Chaos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

Did you mean OC instead of OP, because the OP wasn't involved? "Taken so badly" is a bit dramatic. Your post didn't have the humorous effect like you intended. It happens all the time. Besides, I told you why I took it the way I did. It was a simple misunderstanding. I don't have any beef with you and never have (no pun intended). I don't see the need to drag it out and make it into something it's not.

Yes, I'm sorry, my mistake, I forgot you weren't the OP.  I meant you. 

But, oh my gosh, man, it seems you're the one being dramatic.  Seriously, this is exactly why I wasn't going to comment anymore on this thread.  But I saw everyone, including you, taking Donoiv seriously and I just felt the need to try to help stop people from taking his bait.  But really, you seem to be so thin-skinned here.  I wasn't trying to pick on you.  I'm still not.  And I get it that you didn't get my joke (although plenty of others did:classic_wink:).  You made that obvious and I'm OK with that.  You seem to be taking yourself way too seriously and under the false impression that I am guilty of the same.  I assure you, I am not. 

22 hours ago, Donoiv11 said:

Don't feed the troll y'all.  And if they're NOT a troll then they need even less of our attention. Move along and leave this alone.