Van Staden Heads MSC Food and Beverage Effort

Cruising89143

1 hour ago, Cruiser Bruiser said:

Interesting. Looks like increased consistency across the brand is on the menu. That likely makes sense as North Americans become more aware of MSC and thus become more interested in sailing MSC outside of NA and Europe. 

I saw that, but also more regional menus.  Both are good things.  Celebrity has consistently mediocre food because all ships have the same 14 menus no matter where they are in the world, and all food has to be sourced from Miami.

3 hours ago, sidari said:

The item about changes to drinks will not go down well so soon after changes made last November.

What am I missing? I read the article twice and there's nothing about changes to drinks. The only mention I see is something about changes to the beverage packages. That could mean more, not fewer, or more comprehensive, not less. It could mean more sake and plum wine for Japan and more cachaça for Brazil. Forgive me for saying so, but you seem to automatically assume the changes will be negative from a passenger viewpoint. I will withhold judgment until I see the final changes in print.

DC ... Having cruised with MSC since 2012 and seen many downturns as others will have with their chosen cruise line, I expect nothing less of MSC! However I am open to being surprised by them but I will not be holding my breath, but we can hope.

Edited by sidari
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, rool said:

Not too sure about a totally Brazilian menu on our cruise from Rio in December 2020. There's only so much churrasco and feijoada one can eat lol.

A wine package option sounds interesting though.

...having cruised out of Brazil, one must hope they don't provision there!  Unbelievable how things go down!😮🤨

I will with hold  opinion on the beverage packaging, but based on previous performance, MSC will only water down further what's available now. The only way to judge future behavior is by past behavior, and in past behavior, MSC fails miserably.

3 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I will with hold  opinion on the beverage packaging, but based on previous performance, MSC will only water down further what's available now. The only way to judge future behavior is by past behavior, and in past behavior, MSC fails miserably.

I might be wrong (according to my wife I usually am) but I get the impression the same thing is being said across most cruise companies.

We sailed on Royal Caribbean last year to the Baltics and our fellow diners were pretty much all saying that standards were declining etc and I see similar comments on here re HAL, Princess and NCL.

I had last sailed with RCI in 2009 but to be honest I don't think there is much between them and MSC now except I think MSC offers better value which is why we keep coming back to them.