Legend Table Request in MDR

bstel

wife and i are booked on Legend in May 2020 and are doing early dining.  So is there anyway to request, ahead of time, to be sat at the 6 top tables which are around the perimeter of the room by the windows?  or do we need to wait to see the Maitre d once we board?

23 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Four days before your cruise, send a message to John Heald on his FB page requesting this and he will forward to the Maitre D.

why is 4 days the magic number?

5 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

On a 7 day cruise seating issues for the current cruise have been settled for the most part.  Staff turns its attention to assignments for the upcoming cruise.

how do they do assignments?  i always assumed a computer algorithm did it.  Last cruise we were at a 6 top and had 2 newly wed couples, we were celebrating an anniversary, so i assumed that "wedding dates" was the common theme.  I would assume age also plays a part?

6 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

On a 7 day cruise seating issues for the current cruise have been settled for the most part.  Staff turns its attention to assignments for the upcoming cruise.

but why is John the gatekeeper?

1 hour ago, bstel said:

but why is John the gatekeeper?

You asked how to make the request.  I never mentioned "John."

Personally I e-mail my request to the maitre d' of the ship the week prior to a cruise.  It has always been granted so I never questioned the how, why, or who.

People who meet with the maitre d' on embarkation day also report good luck in having their requests met.  

Of course it's probably not possible to grant all requests with a finite number of tables.

Carnival has requested that guests not email the Maitre D (unless there is a public list out there from an official Carnival source I'm not aware of). This was recently confirmed by Mr. Heald along with the request to just post on his FB page and he would send the info along. Maitre D's are not required nor expected to respond to guest emails. So emailing might get your request honored, or might not. Same with John. He just forwards the request, but always specifies that he knows the Maitre D will do their best.