No World Series On Norwegian Dawn

lenquixote66

3 hours ago, esm54687 said:

Not sure why you reacted like this to @purpleally because it is actually sound advice...... if something is important to you, check the calendar before booking any vacation.

If you don't like heat and crowds then don't book Disney World in August...... you don't like traffic then don't drive from LA to North Hollywood at 5pm (or anytime for that matter) ..... if you want to watch the World Series then don't book a vacation during those 2 weeks. 

Thank you. I did not say anything rude. 

I actually wasn't sure if they were going to show it or not.  I actually would have been more unhappy about it if the Yankees had made it to the World Series, but just in case, I brought my laptop so I could stream it, if necessary.   #alwaysprepared

2 hours ago, purpleally said:

Why???????

2 hours ago, purpleally said:

Thank you. I did not say anything rude. 

At a minimum using all caps at the end of your post is rude. It's the written equivalent of shouting at the top of your lungs rather than simply stating your opinion. Further your statement even if it had been written politely is dismissive of others opinions. You're essentially saying "just stay home and I don't want to hear your opinion." Sorry, but that's treating us like we're unruly two year old children .

Edited by njhorseman

19 hours ago, esm54687 said:

Not sure why you reacted like this to @purpleally because it is actually sound advice...... if something is important to you, check the calendar before booking any vacation.

If you don't like heat and crowds then don't book Disney World in August...... you don't like traffic then don't drive from LA to North Hollywood at 5pm (or anytime for that matter) ..... if you want to watch the World Series then don't book a vacation during those 2 weeks. 

It is not that important to me.I was just curious and I got my answer.

13 hours ago, njhorseman said:

At a minimum using all caps at the end of your post is rude. It's the written equivalent of shouting at the top of your lungs rather than simply stating your opinion. Further your statement even if it had been written politely is dismissive of others opinions. You're essentially saying "just stay home and I don't want to hear your opinion." Sorry, but that's treating us like we're unruly two year old children .

Well said ,NJHorseman.

13 hours ago, njhorseman said:

I respectfully disagree with you on this one.... 

Not everyone uses caps as a way of "shouting at the top of your lungs" ... some people actually use caps to emphasize a point. 

"NCL DOES NOT ALLOW BOTTLED WATER TO BE BROUGHT ON BOARD" where the use of caps is NOT shouting but emphasizing that you can't. 

Also, I did not interpret the post as one that's being dismissive or targeted to unruly 2 year olds. I read it exactly like it was meant (and I gave a couple more examples of vacation planning in an earlier post)...... if the World Series is important then don't cruise during it.

Further, one could point out that your post is dismissive by devaluing the poster's post with your critical comments about it.  Pot, meet Kettle..... 

Edited by esm54687
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, esm54687 said:

I respectfully disagree with you on this one.... 

Not everyone uses caps as a way of "shouting at the top of your lungs" ... some people actually use caps to emphasize a point. 

"NCL DOES NOT ALLOW BOTTLED WATER TO BE BROUGHT ON BOARD" where the use of caps is NOT shouting but emphasizing that you can't. 

Also, I did not interpret the post as one that's being dismissive or targeted to unruly 2 year olds. I read it exactly like it was meant (and I gave a couple more examples of vacation planning in an earlier post)...... if the World Series is important then don't cruise during it.

Further, one could point out that your post is dismissive by devaluing the poster's post with your critical comments about it.  Pot, meet Kettle..... 

Saying NCL DOES NOT ALLOW BOTTLED WATER TO BE BROUGHT ON BOARD for emphasis is not in the same "tone of voice" as  DONT CRUISE DURING THAT FRAME! . In the latter the writer is conveying a message of giving an order by saying "don't bother me, I don't care what you think, and shut up" (there's the part that relates to a 2 yo child).

And no, being critical about something or disagreeing with what someone says is not the same as being dismissive.  Tone and choice of wording makes a huge difference. 

BTW, from a tone of voice perspective your "pot meet kettle" comment is the type of wording that just escalates an argument. 

Edited by njhorseman

42 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

from a tone of voice perspective your "pot meet kettle" comment is the type of wording that just escalates an argument. 

One must be in an argument to have it escalated......  I started my post with "I respectfully disagree with you" which by words and tone mean I have an opinion that differs from you and I respect your opinion but I don't agree..... the pot, meet kettle highlighted my opinion that your post about @purpleallywas hypocrital by you doing exactly what you stated @purpleally did

Just my opinion but it seems you take one's opinion that differs from your's as argumentative and aggressive. I'm sorry you have that defense mechanism in place. 

Happy Cruising 

On 11/14/2019 at 7:06 AM, njhorseman said:

OMG. I most certainly did not say stay home and I don’t want to hear your opinion.  One cannot go on a cruise at certain times of the year if there are events important to them 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, purpleally said:

OMG. I most certainly did not say stay home and I don’t want to hear your opinion.  One cannot go on a cruise at certain times of the year if there are events important to them 

That's fine, I accept your explanation, but if that's was your intent you shouldn't have "shouted" it in all caps.  It's been rather standard internet protocol for years that by using all caps you're shouting and even belittling what someone has said.

8 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

That's fine, I accept your explanation, but if that's was your intent you shouldn't have "shouted" it in all caps.  It's been rather standard internet protocol for years that by using all caps you're shouting and even belittling what someone has said.

Yes I agree I should not have used caps. I thought I was doing it for emphasis completely forgetting it could look like shouting. For that, o apologize. 

On 11/13/2019 at 5:40 PM, cruiserssandr said:

We were on the Dawn in 2018 during the World Series.  We saw all the games except the one the went on all night. They showed it on the big screen. We sat in O'Sheehans and had a blast. 

I posted this about the Sox-Dodgers series in another thread.