please explain ole life? Is this an extra cost or included?

liamur14

5 hours ago, StanandJim said:

Perhaps true, but they do spring for a Travel Professional to guide you through that complicated process.

If he is "fine", use him.

So far, this TA has been on the mark with all advice and has been on half a dozen Oceania cruises.  He knows them well.  He just told me that Oceania would have a price when I'm ready to book and that I should also look on my own to see which made more sense.  

He also explained limitations of basic drinks package, no cost WIFI, and advised not to take O-Life unless I did cruise line excursions (which we don't).  I booked with him for the 11% savings, but also because he takes time to answer my questions, compare itineraries and prices on other lines, and work strategy.  I would never book straight up with any cruise line.

Just now, hubofhockey said:

I booked with him for the 11% savings, but also because he takes time to answer my questions, compare itineraries and prices on other lines, and work strategy.  I would never book straight up with any cruise line.

Looks like you got your monies worth-

Enjoy lying in that bed that you made.

On 11/19/2019 at 3:28 PM, hubofhockey said:

So far, this TA has been on the mark with all advice and has been on half a dozen Oceania cruises.  He knows them well.  He just told me that Oceania would have a price when I'm ready to book and that I should also look on my own to see which made more sense.  

He also explained limitations of basic drinks package, no cost WIFI, and advised not to take O-Life unless I did cruise line excursions (which we don't).  I booked with him for the 11% savings, but also because he takes time to answer my questions, compare itineraries and prices on other lines, and work strategy.  I would never book straight up with any cruise line.

Another fly in the ointment is that you can book all airlines a minimum of about 330 days our with some close to 365 days out while O won't event talk to you until the 270 day out timeframe.  Many people including myself book as soon as flights are scheduled, booked our next flights at 355 days out the day flights became available and got the only 2 seats open.

I'm saying this as people do book when flights first become available and thus by the 270 day mark when O will give you a price and choice of flights the good deals you are currently seeing to book on your own may no longer be available.  Also most, if not all of the fares you can purchase are non-refundable while booking with O should issues occur depending on the issue you would get your money or most of it back.  For instance if O were to cancel or significantly change your cruise, they would refund while the airline would not.

Lots of variables to consider when you book your own flights vs. taking cruise line included flights.