Radiance offer transfers to Sydney Airport?

Minnitub

4 hours ago, Minnitub said:

We were wondering if Royal Caribbean offers transfers from Sydney Passenger cruise terminal to their airport. If they do, how much are they and can you pre book them? 

Yes they do usd $29 per person . Taxi are plentiful Aud $50 aprox . Maxi taxi also available. There is a taxi supervisor on site its elevator to level 3 just outside the exit from Customs :classic_unsure:

Another vote for the train.

The Overseas Passenger Terminal is approximately a 5 minute walk to the Circular Quay train station...all flat.

There are trains to the airport every ten minutes.  No worries about traffic.

Please make sure to exit the correct station...there is a domestic airport exit and an international airport exit.  And yes, it can be less than $15Aus.

Note: On our previous sailings out of Sydney, we arrived a few days early.  We purchase the Opal Card and use it to get around Sydney.  In our opinion, the Opal Card is perhaps the best value, most convenient, public transportation card in the world.  With the Opal Card, you will have access to the trains, buses, and ferries.  The best thing we discovered about the Opal Card...is this...you can ride the trains, buses, and ferries as much as you want during the day...and it will only cost you $15Aus!

For the next day, you can "load" another $15 and use it again.  For our trip to the airport, we pre-loaded our Opal Card and had it ready when we disembarked.  After our 5 minute walk to the Circular Quay train station, it was simply "tap on" using the card, up the escalator (elevators if you have large luggages) and on the platform upstairs.  An easy ten minutes to the airport.   Happy Sailiing!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Minnitub said:

Thank you, the train and Opal card sounds like the best option. 

The train is the best option,it has gone up a bit about $AU19.

At circular quay there’s 2 platforms the one closer to the water goes to the airport ,7 stops direct.

If you want a opal card there’s a office but you can buy a ticket.

Also the ship offers a city and beach tour and drop off at the airport ,I think it’s about $90.

52 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

The train is the best option,it has gone up a bit about $AU19.

At circular quay there’s 2 platforms the one closer to the water goes to the airport ,7 stops direct.

If you want a opal card there’s a office but you can buy a ticket.

Also the ship offers a city and beach tour and drop off at the airport ,I think it’s about $90.

Wow $38 for two and to drag bags at both ends , i will take a cab :classic_rolleyes:

39 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Wow $38 for two and to drag bags at both ends , i will take a cab :classic_rolleyes:

I’ve seen reports of a taxi at $50-$70 in traffic.

The airport has a$15 surcharge to use their station,Privatisation.

If it was me ,I wouldn’t hesitate to use the train .we travel light.

Edited by Chiliburn

Seems pretty easy to use the train to get to the airport from the ship.  We will be on Radiance in March 2020 and that is what we are going to do.  This way we will avoid any traffic jams that might occur.   Can someone give a step by step from departure from ship.  We will have our Opal card already loaded with at least $20 dollars on it per person so we will be ready to go.  Step by step from someone who just did it would be great. 

1 hour ago, pink845 said:

Seems pretty easy to use the train to get to the airport from the ship.  We will be on Radiance in March 2020 and that is what we are going to do.  This way we will avoid any traffic jams that might occur.   Can someone give a step by step from departure from ship.  We will have our Opal card already loaded with at least $20 dollars on it per person so we will be ready to go.  Step by step from someone who just did it would be great. 

Walk out of the cruise terminal along the water towards the high rise buildings.

About 100 meters is a large building which has the train station.

Register your opal card walk inside.

Theres 2 escalators,platform 1&2 one goes directly to the airport the other you have to charge trains a central.

Either way it’s6stops domestic, 7 stop to international .

just ask people are friendly.

Pink....what date is your cruise? Ours is the 14th. We arrive a couple days early as it's a 15.5 hr flight. 

We are staying in The Rocks and believe it's a 5 min walk, but up hill to our hotel. I think we will get the Opal cards at the airport when we arrive. We will be in Sydney for about 7 days over the length of our trip, so the card will be handy.