Tea on Island Princess?

gusmom

Hi.  We are leaving on Island Princess to Panama Canal on 11/26. 

I don't drink coffee but I drink tea - hot & iced.  Is it possible to get just a cup of hot water if I want to bring my own tea bags? (I have a few favorites & not knowing what they have on board). How much is hot tea on board? 

And, does anyone know if the Coffee Grounds package inlcudes hot tea? I think it says unlimited but 15 specialty coffees.  I don't drink coffee at all but do dring hot chocolate & tea so may be worth it?

Hot water and tea are available all day and evening for free in the buffet area. Princess normally has a selection of Twinnings, Lipton and some herbal teas. Tea is also free in any dining venue. There will also be some afternoon teas in one of the DR's. Ice tea is also available at no charge. It is prepared from a liquid concentrate.

With the coffee package you can get unlimited "premium" tea in the atrium on deck 5. It is Mighty Leaf. You can also purchase by the cup.

Hot Chocolate (large - to go)  $3.00, Regular $1.50

Mighty Leaf Tea                White Orchard $1.25

Mighty Leaf Tea                Vanilla Bean  $1.25

Mighty Leaf Tea                Organic Earl Grey  $1.25

Mighty Leaf Tea                Organic Breakfast  $1.25

Mighty Leaf Tea                Organic Spring Jasmine  $1.25

Mighty Leaf Tea                Chamomile Citrus  $1.25

Mighty Leaf Tea                Ginger Twist   $1.25

Mighty Leaf Tea                Marrakesh Mint  $1.25

Large Teas $1.95

Add 18% gratuity to the above menu prices.

Hot chocolate may be available in packets, like Swiss Mist at no charge in the buffet. Otherwise you have to purchase in the atrium.

Note that the cups in the buffet are around 8 ounces. If you want a larger cup to carry around you would have to bring it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

The free Twinings tea in the buffet and MDR is generally: English Breakfast, Earl Grey, mint, lemon and (maybe) a couple of others.

I'm picky about tea, too.

The iced tea in the buffet is terrible. Best to fill a drink cup with ice, make a cup of hot tea a little strong and pour over the ice.

Glad I asked. That’s probably what I’ll do. 

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Hot water and tea are available all day and evening for free in the buffet area. Princess normally has a selection of Twinnings, Lipton and some herbal teas. Tea is also free in any dining venue. There will also be some afternoon teas in one of the DR's. Ice tea is also available at no charge. It is prepared from a liquid concentrate.

With the coffee package you can get unlimited "premium" tea in the atrium on deck 5. It is Mighty Leaf. You can also purchase by the cup.

Hot Chocolate (large - to go)  $3.00, Regular $1.50

Mighty Leaf Tea                White Orchard $1.25

Mighty Leaf Tea                Vanilla Bean  $1.25

Mighty Leaf Tea                Organic Earl Grey  $1.25

Mighty Leaf Tea                Organic Breakfast  $1.25

Mighty Leaf Tea                Organic Spring Jasmine  $1.25

Mighty Leaf Tea                Chamomile Citrus  $1.25

Mighty Leaf Tea                Ginger Twist   $1.25

Mighty Leaf Tea                Marrakesh Mint  $1.25

Large Teas $1.95

Add 18% gratuity to the above menu prices.

Hot chocolate may be available in packets, like Swiss Mist at no charge in the buffet. Otherwise you have to purchase in the atrium.

Note that the cups in the buffet are around 8 ounces. If you want a larger cup to carry around you would have to bring it.

Thank You!  I definitely prefer Mighty Leaf so this helps. I’m thinking $23 for Coffee I won’t drink + unlimited tea might be the better deal. lol 

1 hour ago, gusmom said:

Thank You!  I definitely prefer Mighty Leaf so this helps. I’m thinking $23 for Coffee I won’t drink + unlimited tea might be the better deal. lol 

Maybe I'm misreading you, but the Premier Coffee and Soda package at $23.59/day can't really work out if all you want is the tea and hot chocolate. A ten day cruise would cost $235.90

If you purchase the new grounds coffee package you can get all the mighty leaf tea and hot chocolate you want at a cost of $36.58 for the entire cruise AND you can treat your old and new friends and family to 15 espresso drinks.

30 minutes ago, skynight said:

Maybe I'm misreading you, but the Premier Coffee and Soda package at $23.59/day can't really work out if all you want is the tea and hot chocolate. A ten day cruise would cost $235.90

If you purchase the new grounds coffee package you can get all the mighty leaf tea and hot chocolate you want at a cost of $36.58 for the entire cruise AND you can treat your old and new friends and family to 15 espresso drinks.

That’s the package I was thinking about. I confused the pieces when I posted :-)

I bought the coffee package on our recent 16-day transatlantic cruise. DH drinks a cappuccino after dinner most nights. I enjoyed the Mighty Leaf tea, which is why I wanted it on my medallion. I also brought along some tea bags to have at breakfast. I have to have to decaf tea. I made plenty of glasses of decaf iced tea in the buffet.

We are going on a cruise in June 2020. Just wondering about the prices of a beer or a wine in genera l please as we just want to charge it to our account and don’t want to have a beverage deal. Any information on this would be much appreciated..