Explorer of the Seas Dining Options

KSprite01

Does the Crown & Kettle Pub on Explorer of the Seas serve any food, and if so is there a fee for it?  If so, can you provide a link to the menu?

Considering whether to get the Unlimited Dining, and as I'm not a big sushi fan, it seems we'd be bouncing between Chops & Giovanni's, with maybe a lunch or two at Johnny Rockets (where I understand we'd still need to pay for any milkshakes).  I'm concerned we might get bored eating at the same places over 9 days (and 5 sea days), so I'm trying to determine if there are any other places where the $35 a la carte dining credit might apply.

Bummer about the pub.  We enjoyed eating at the pub on Anthem last year.

Oh, not to worry, we have the 3 day package already booked (plus a 4th from our TA).  Just trying to decide if it's worth paying $120 pp to upgrade to unlimited.  Another factor is our toddler naps at noon, so we can't do lengthy lunches.  Not sure whether they are faster at lunch than dinner (never dined at specialty restaurants then - usually do Windjammer).

Edited by KSprite01

6 minutes ago, KSprite01 said:

Bummer about the pub.  We enjoyed eating at the pub on Anthem last year.

Oh, not to worry, we have the 3 day package already booked (plus a 4th from our TA).  Just trying to decide if it's worth paying $120 pp to upgrade to unlimited.  Another factor is our toddler naps at noon, so we can't do lengthy lunches.  Not sure whether they are faster at lunch than dinner (never dined at specialty restaurants then - usually do Windjammer).

You would get 5 extra specialty restaurant dinners and 5 specialty restaurant lunches for $120/person.  It would seem like a pretty decent deal even if you only use 8 of those 10 meals.  That would be $15/person/meal.  My wife and I are doing B2B 5-night cruises on the Explorer and we booked the unlimited dining package for both halves.  However, we do like sushi.  We probably would not do it if we had to take all 16 meals (10 dinners, 4 sea-day lunches and 2 boarding day lunches) at only 2 restaurants.

I don't think the Unlimited package is good on the Explorer since you won't be eating at Izumi's.  We are on a 9-night Explorer and booked the 3-night package since we don't eat at Izumi either.  Plus, we like a few casual nights in the Windjammer.  For me, it's too much food to eat at specialty restaurants for night straight nights...plus lunches!

I cannot see the point of more than the 3n package on Explorer due to the lack of restaurant variety. 

The food last week in the MDR was tasty and served hot. We never even bothered going to a specialty restaurant at all for the 14n we were on board... and that was a first.