Help to make San Juan fun

Sean&Karen

Our itinerary was changed and we are now going to San Juan...again...for the 3rd of 4th time.  We are disappointed we aren't going to a different island.  Hubby is not a fan of San Juan at all and doesn't even want to get off the boat.  How can I get him off the boat? I am sure we are missing out on something that is there.  We are there from 7am to 1pm.  Two years ago we just walked around and checked out a shop or two and went back on the ship.  We have an 8 and 11 year old that liked the Del Sle store, but wasn't really into looking at the older buildings.  

You could take the kids to Chocobar Cortes - get 'em all hyped up on sugar and then back to the ship for some pool time to burn it off!  My kids (9&11) are bored of SJ too and will be staying on the ship while I wander for coffee and chocolate 😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If they each have a small digital camera or a cell phone, you could put together a scavenger hunt activity....things for them to look for and photograph as you walk around the town.  Maybe make a rule, that they can't both snap a pic of the same exact thing so whoever gets to it first, the 2nd one has to find a different pic to snap.  Umbrella street is neat to see (fortaleza st).  Iguanas, Cats, various flags, statues, etc.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2019 at 7:26 AM, jean87510 said:

If you guys like to ride bikes, theres a rental company that will bring the bikes to you in old san juan (not pan American pier). Theres a nice bike path out to escabrom beach area. Good way to get off ship to explore for a few hours.

Do you know what company does this? We have been to old San Juan a few times before and hubby loves to bike so this could be fun. Thanks!