Inflatable bed rails

teansea

We are sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam with our 5 and 2 year olds.  Neither is good about staying in bed.  Has anyone used an inflatable bed rail?  The title of the one I'm looking at on Amazon is "Shrunks Inflatable Kids Bed Rails. Safety Side Bumpers for Toddlers or Adult Beds Great for Travel. Have Your Children Sleep Safe and Comfortable."

My father-in-law actually booked our cruise, so I'm not sure what type of cabin we have, but it will be economy, and there will be four of us in the cabin.

Quad cabins have twin beds that can be made into queen bed.  There is a sofa, which makes up into a third bed.  The fourth bed pulls down from the ceiling.  I would never place children that young in the pull-down bed particularly if they are prone to falling out of bed.  

Sorry, but I can't address your bed rail question.

Edited by sevenseasnomad

All of the "Quads" on Nieuw Amsterdam are noted to be "Quad (2 lower beds, 1 sofa bed, 1 upper)". Hoping you are in a "J" cabin on the Main deck (room number will start with 10). And thinking you will be as the insides on upper decks don't seem to be quads.

Here is a video of such a cabin on NA's sister ship the Eurodam. The lower beds MAY be able to be pushed together and sheeted up as a queen-king. Depending on the access to the bunk. You can see about the options with your room steward when he (or she) comes by to introduce themselves to you.

Sorry I don't have any input on the inflatable bed rails but at least you can see what you're working with!

9 hours ago, teansea said:

We are sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam with our 5 and 2 year olds.  Neither is good about staying in bed.  Has anyone used an inflatable bed rail?  The title of the one I'm looking at on Amazon is "Shrunks Inflatable Kids Bed Rails. Safety Side Bumpers for Toddlers or Adult Beds Great for Travel. Have Your Children Sleep Safe and Comfortable."

My father-in-law actually booked our cruise, so I'm not sure what type of cabin we have, but it will be economy, and there will be four of us in the cabin.

My daughter used these for our granddaughter (she was 2 at the time) on the Oasis and they worked fine.  She also used them at hotels as well.

19 hours ago, teansea said:

We are sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam with our 5 and 2 year olds.  Neither is good about staying in bed.  

Does that mean they fall out of bed, or that they climb out of bed?  When my sons were around 2 or 3, they could easily climb out of bed, and often did.  Railings of any kind would not have kept them any bed.  Shackles might have worked, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3